Ibanez RG350MDX http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG350MDX

Would this be a good buy? What kind of pickups should I put into it if I get it?, because i heard the stock ones suck. I can only spend up to about $600. I play buckethead type stuff.
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
looks good bud. I think the bridge on it (edge III) are supposed to be decent as well..not 100% sure.. but if i remember right they are decent.

the stock pickups aren't terrible. if you're playing buckethead kinda stuff you'll want something with clarity for sure tho.

the INF's are just your average high output pickups that can mud up quickly if depending on your amp settings.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
i have my amp set to bucketheads style, i have an Ashdown fallen angel.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
From what I have heard, it's not the stock pickups you should worry about, it's the bridge. The Edge III is notorious for crapping out on you within months of buying the guitar. Try something from the S series.
in before FRDesign...

Anyway, it's a pretty decent guitar... with a not so decent trem. It will likely last for awhile (the trem), but eventually it may start to break down and not hold tune.

For $600 you could get an S320/S520EX which both have excellent trems, the ZR.

And the pickups aren't as god awful as a lot of people make them out to be. You should at least give them a chance before buying new pickups.
Quote by T!AN
in before FRDesign...

Anyway, it's a pretty decent guitar... with a not so decent trem. It will likely last for awhile (the trem), but eventually it may start to break down and not hold tune.

For $600 you could get an S320 which has an excellent trem though.

And the pickups aren't as god awful as a lot of people make them out to be. You should at least give them a chance before buying new pickups.

+1 for S320, about $500 last I checked. Really good guitar overall. VERY lightweight.
Quote by T!AN
in before FRDesign...

For $600 you could get an S320/S520EX which both have excellent trems, the ZR.

I really can only spend about $400, I was thinking of buying that guitar, and then see how it was, then buy some pickups if they sucked

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by Iamonfire
From what I have heard, it's not the stock pickups you should worry about, it's the bridge. The Edge III is notorious for crapping out on you within months of buying the guitar. Try something from the S series.

i don't know, he could probably have it switched out for an edge pro for not too bad a price. or he could do it himself if he knows how. my advice to the TS would be to go for it and then just switch the bridge and maybe the pups if you want something more clear. for the pups i would say Seymour Duncan 59's or something of the like. good luck.
Honestly I'd much rather have a guitar with a ZR and stock pickups than a guitar with an EDGE III and a solid set off dimarzios.

It really comes down to how long you're going to be using the guitar for. If it's only for a year or so and you treat the EDGE III well, it probably won't self destruct, but nothings guranteed.

As for switching the bridge, a direct swap for a OFR is possible usually (not all EDGE III routes are the same) but an OFR costs at least $150 by itself.
So i'm better off with going with the "s" series?

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by T!AN
in before FRDesign...

Damnit!

Anyways, you Can always get an S, but they are more expensive, and only have 22 frets, unless you get the S5470 which is around $2000 IIRC.
Can anyone suggest a good cheaper "s" serries? I like to have a varieety of ideas, I like the $500 one, but maybe theres a good cheaper one.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
So I might buy the Ibanez S320, ill just have to save for awhile

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100