Hi there. I currently am using a Fender Nashville Telecaster and Peavey Classic 50 for the music I play and wish to upgrade in the future, and this is what I have laid out so far.

Guitar:
Warmoth Thinline Tele: Ash Body, SD Five-Two in bridge, SD Alnico II Pro(humbucker) in the neck, concentric pots (a 250k and 500k), lefty maple neck, Schaller strap-locks

Amp:
Marshall JTM45/Bluesbreaker
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace

Pedals:
Keeley Modded Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer
Keeley Modded Ibanez AD9 Delay
Keeley Modded Vox Wah

For an amp, I'm looking for something with British gain, and the Ace offers that plus, from what I hear from people, pretty nice cleans. For the blues I'll be playing, think of things along the line of SRV, Clapton, Black Keys, B. B. King and such. I'll also be playing stuff along the lines of Aerosmith, ZZ Top, and Santana. I'm not looking for dead on tone, just something that'll sound similar when I wish to cover the songs and such. I'm hoping not to spend more than $2000 on an amp and if there's anything else you think I should consider, do tell.

Thank you.

Note: I do not have ANY of this stuff.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at May 18, 2008,
You've got a pretty nice amp already, maybe you could get some different pedals for the British gain? I'm no expert, but the clips on youtube of the Marshall Bluesbreaker and Guv'nor are reasonable. From what I've read, they aren't completely perfect, but they'll get pretty close to a nice Marshall sound. Just a suggestion anyway
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
for SRV, BB KIng, late Clapton, Early (most) Aerosmith (joe perry used lots of music man and fender amps), and Santana, you would want an american voiced amp.
I would work pedals around what you already have. Retube and upgrade the speakers in the 50 they are a great platform to work off of. I had the sliletti for about a week took it back and got the rivera much better amp I think and it isn't a one trick pony.Fenderish cleans and british distortion. Good luck
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I would get 2 amps, you can get a Rockytop JTM45 for just under a grand, which leaves you a grand for a used Twin/Deluxe/Super Reverb.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Now, I'm not looking for dead-on covers, just something that would sound decent as I prefer British gain for the (original) music I play. But I heard that the Ace had British gain with Fender-like cleans, but then again I could be wrong. Or, as igotabcrich23 suggested, I split the budget and get a Ceriatone (haven't heard of Rockytop) JTM45 and maybe a Fender Twin Reverb?
splitting the money sounds like an amazing idea. a JTM45 and twin reverb would be pretty much the perfect rig for nearly anyone on earth, sans heavy rock/metal players.
I had forgotten about retubing. That's always an option as well.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I thought about retubing and getting new speakers and such, but I just thought that an amp costing around $2000 might actually sound better.

Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm just saying you don't see a lot of pro's out there using Peavy Classics.
The classic series has been a staple of a lot of pros. They sound good and last on the road. Iv'e had a few over the years and with a little investment you have a smoking amp for rock and blues.Finally got rid of my last one plus a twin to get the Rivera.Now thats an amp you got to listen to. Unbelieveable cleans plus all the gain you would ever want.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I think the Mesa's a good choice, but mostly because it's got more of an American type voice which would fit many of the artists you list. I'm not sure it would be great for you if you're really hung up on British voicing.

I'd suggest you look at the Orange AD30TC combo, and the new Blackstar Artisan Series combo. The Blackstar's of particular interest. It's a two channel handwired amp with the first channel designed to be an early AC30 clone, while the second channel is a Bluesbreaker. I'm looking for a new amp for my son, and right now it's come down to Orange and Blackstar. We test drove the Blackstar and loved it. I want him to give Orange a long look before I buy.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I think the Mesa's a good choice, but mostly because it's got more of an American type voice which would fit many of the artists you list. I'm not sure it would be great for you if you're really hung up on British voicing.

I'd suggest you look at the Orange AD30TC combo, and the new Blackstar Artisan Series combo. The Blackstar's of particular interest. It's a two channel handwired amp with the first channel designed to be an early AC30 clone, while the second channel is a Bluesbreaker. I'm looking for a new amp for my son, and right now it's come down to Orange and Blackstar. We test drove the Blackstar and loved it. I want him to give Orange a long look before I buy.

Went to GC today, wanted to try out the Ace, but they were being real bung-holes, so I just left. About the Blackstar, how were the cleans? And how much gain did it have? And please do tell when you get a chance to test out that Orange, slats.
Quote by Iceman 420
Went to GC today, wanted to try out the Ace, but they were being real bung-holes, so I just left. About the Blackstar, how were the cleans? And how much gain did it have? And please do tell when you get a chance to test out that Orange, slats.

The Blackstar is a boutique quality amp at a production amp price. The amp can certainly do everything you'd want it to. Plenty of clean headroom, and the crunch is exactly what you'd expect from an AC30's normal channel, or a Marshall Bluesbreaker. We definitely spent more time with the crunch, and it was great. My son plays everything from The Who to Wolfmother to The Foo Fighters, and I'm very comfortable with this amp covering all of that and more.

Keep in mind that you're saying you want British voicing, but list a bunch of artists you definitely favor American voiced amps. Know what you want. If it's a classic British tone, the Blackstar'll do it for you.

The only thing holding me back is that the Blackstar's a brand new product. I usually like to let someone else work all the bugs out of something before I buy. And Orange is certainly proven. But I think in the end I'll be going with the Blackstar.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^^Thanks slats, I'll try the Mesa and see if they have a Blackstar the next trip to GC.

^
And the.spine.surfs, it's not bashing...it's the twuth. ^-^