i have a 65-watt laney bass combo amp right now. it works for practice, but i may potentialy start gigging with a band this summer, i was wanting something more. the amp has a speaker output in the back. so i was thinking of getting a cabinet to go under it, probably an ashdown mag 210 or something of the sort. ive seen cabs used in conjunction with combo amps, i was just wondering what other peoples thoughts or comments are. i dont come to these forums very often, so the best thing to do would be to email me at pepperoncini@charter.net. i look forward to your responses. thanks!
Quote by Jiimy
Yeah basically the cat marked your bass as it's territory and the only way to reclaim it as your own is to...well...you know...mark it yourself man.

Though it'll make a difference, adding a cab won't give you a significant volume increase. You need a bigger amp.

Either way, the gigs you'll be playing will most likely be mic'ed so it shouldn't make much of a difference.
Even with a cab, it wouldn't be that much louder. You'd need to get a more powerful amp.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
well my ultimate goal is to have a stack with a 2x10 and a 1x15 cab, but funds are low right now. what about using a head on a combo amp? a friend of mine uses a gallien-krueger backline 600 head on his 60-watt crate amp. he doesnt use it for louder volume, mainly for the effects and equilization effects that the crate doesnt have. and his goal (like mine) is to save up for a cap, hes just buying components one at a time
Quote by Jiimy
Yeah basically the cat marked your bass as it's territory and the only way to reclaim it as your own is to...well...you know...mark it yourself man.