I've never had a distortion pedal before, so I'm looking at a few. I'm really into music like Slipknot, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, so basically hard rock, metal, and nu metal. What pedals would you suggest for this?

I'm checking out Digitech's "The Weapon", the Dan Donegan signature pedal.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-The-Weapon-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-150849-i1124391.gc

I'm also looking at Electro-Harmonic's Metal Muff
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Metal-Muff-with-Top-Boost-103840526-i1165447.gc

What would you suggest? Both, neither? Just post any other suggestions for pedals for hard rock, metal, and new metal. Preferably <$150, I'm on a tight budget

Edit: I have a Fender G-Dec amp right now. Is this a quality practice amp or not? If it isn't, what's a low-budget practice amp that has decent quality for it's price?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Last edited by Mlrc at May 17, 2008,
Definitely check out the , you can get so many different sounds out of it and tweak it a lot.
metal muff is a good one.
EDIT: i try to stay away from digitech
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Lamrick21
metal muff is a good one.
EDIT: i try to stay away from digitech

Why do you dislike digitech?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
having a look at what amp you use, good luck.

May seem like the default answer, but its gunna be hard to get a decent tone for metal from JUST a metal muff and your SS G-DEC. Also, i've found the metal muffs to be quite fizzy rather than "brutal".

If a new amp isn't an option (which is highly likely) then i guess a metal muff will do for now. Its your best option in your price range. And that weapon pedal isn't good at all.
Well, I was thinking about asking if the G-Dec was a quality practice amp, but I guess that answers the question XD.

What would you suggest as a low-budget practice amp?
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Last time i checked, Valve junior's were similar in price range to the litte 15watt SS practice amps.

For your amp, look into the Epiphone Valve junior. 5watt tube combo, has a pretty decent tone. I know you said hard rock to nu metal, so that paired with a ProCo Rat should cover everything. Didnt post it before, but one of thos Rat distortions will cover most of your artists, i'd imagine.

If your not keen on the idea of a 5watt tube amp, then look into roland cube 15's, or even Orange crush amps. Both of those are good starting practice amps. These will match the valve junior in both price and volume (tho the VJ is louder), so im still leaning on reccomending the VJ as your amp of choice. Blows the G-DEC outta the water.
Thanks ^.^. Still open to all suggestions =)

I really like the Roland 15X Cube Amp. That's what I'm checking out right now.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
Last edited by Mlrc at May 18, 2008,
Any other suggestions? Lol. Probably a bad idea to have made this thread at like 12 o clock at night
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge