i dont know how to explain this situation

i feel depressed all the time well not all the time but i feel sad as hell at least once a day every day like sometimes i feel extremely sad then as day progresses im still sad but less intense and sometimes i can be extremely sad to happy so i dont know if its depression or if i could be bipolar or something

i have all this symptoms of depression and i have felt like this for 4-5 years

Loss of interest in dailly activities
Loss of energy
Self-loathing
Concentration problems
Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness

the thing is i dont know what to do about it do i go to a doctor to a phsychologist or to who?

if i go to a doctor i might be put on anti depressants and im dont know how to feel about that i heard from other people that anti-depressants can mess you up because it has to be an imbalance of chemicals of the brain

and i dont know if talking my problems with a phsychologist can help me at all i tell my friends my problems but telling them my problems doesnt make me feel better sometimes it makes me feel better but temporarily and very little

anybody having a problem like this? taking medication?going to phsychologist? or any advice of any kind is appreciated it

i know this is not ultimate-doctor but i tried doing research and i dont know what to do about it or who to discuss it with

i hope i explained myself clearly
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Anti depressants fix the chemical imbalances but they may increase the risk of suicide in teens becuase their minds are still developing. It sounds like you're depressed though.
Im pretty sure the mood swings in bipolar happen in 1-4 week periods. Your other 'symptoms' seem pretty standard. I guess try looking up for a while, or if you really need to go see a doctor.
I'm kinda like this too when i'm by myself. I just get really down and think about killing myself.
But when my friends are around or when i play guitar, i feel really happy.
Am I bipolar?
i think your looking into it too much, self-diagnosis is never good anyways

people sometimes like to think they fit symptons to make it true (like when people read horoscopes and twist what they've done to make it fit.)

im sure it's normal to feel however you feel

and as with most things exercise cures alot physically and mentally
Go to a clinical psychologist (They cant directly give you meds) and tell them you don't really want to be on meds, a lot of them will be happy to hear that.

Talking to a psychologist/psychiatrist is different then talking to a friend about things, it'll help.
how old are you ?

maybe its just hormones messing with your mind lol

but anyway, try talking to a close friend (one that would not mock you) to try and find out whats doing that to you, a doctor would help too
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
I think you got that whole "teenager disease."

Symptoms:
-Being between the ages of 13-19
-Thinking everything around you sucks
-Not being happy

The Cure: Growing up.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I'm kinda like this too when i'm by myself. I just get really down and think about killing myself.
But when my friends are around or when i play guitar, i feel really happy.
Am I bipolar?

mmm i have that too as well but is very momentarily then when i go back home after watching movies i begin to feel sad when i begin to think of stuff

and yeah i think about killing myself as well
but i dont do it
because of many reasons
what comes after death?
what if my problem could be solve and just for trusting my feelings i do bad decision

I think you got that whole "teenager disease."

Symptoms:
-Being between the ages of 13-19
-Thinking everything around you sucks
-Not being happy

The Cure: Growing up.

im 20
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by Sibbhat
Go to a clinical psychologist (They cant directly give you meds) and tell them you don't really want to be on meds, a lot of them will be happy to hear that.

Talking to a psychologist/psychiatrist is different then talking to a friend about things, it'll help.

+1000000

I tried to kill myself a few years back, and ever since I've been feeling those things you described all the time. I see a psychologist regularly, even when I feel okay (insurance pays for it). If you get a good one, they are an invaluable resource.

Its not like talking to your parents or friends. It's their job to help you, they want to help you, they are always on your side, and legally must keep everything confidential. My guy even went to jail for a few weeks because he was keeping something from a kid's parent as he legally can, but the parents were pissed.

You may still feel depressed and bipolar and stuff, but they can help you work out of it, and are always there to help you with it, and that enough is enough reason to keep you going.

and stay off meds unless its ABSOLUTELY necessary. They can be seriously dangerous if misdiagnosed, and they often are.

EDIT: it also helps like the guy below me said to keep your mind off it. find what makes you happy, and stay occupied. i mean, i assume you play guitar, so do that. or watch a movie, or go outside, or go to somewhere with people, try not to distance yourself, talk with people you don't normally talk to.

and exercise. it is scientifically proven to make you happier, as you release endorphins when you exercise, which is the same chemical in chocolate, and the same thing that people feel when they are said to be in love.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Last edited by impeachpedro10 at May 17, 2008,
like what imthehitcher said, exercise does help. I feel that talking to people you enjoy, and who care about you really helps too. Not necessarily about your own problems, but just about random sorts of things. eventually you'll get over all this. I've gone through it before, so it's nothing unusual. Just persevere, and things'll get better. Just try and keep a positive attitude.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
If you have mood swings like that, you might have bi-polar.

My advice is to leave the house more, or get a few hobbies and join some clubs/groups.
i had a problem like that last year. and then the worst thing that could happen in that state happened. my gf broke up with me. hmm. i sucked for like 3 months after that and then i found this awesome home remedy to dealing with my pain. i said **** the world, i didnt care anymore, i still dont care about anything really, it keeps my self-confidence up, i dont get bothered by anything anymore. anti-depressants didnt help i felt like they were controlling my life, and the shrink just made me worse.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
like what imthehitcher said, exercise does help. I feel that talking to people you enjoy, and who care about you really helps too. Not necessarily about your own problems, but just about random sorts of things. eventually you'll get over all this. I've gone through it before, so it's nothing unusual. Just persevere, and things'll get better. Just try and keep a positive attitude.

talking to people does help a little makes me feel a little better but is just a temporary thing because maybe 1 day or a few minutes later i feel depressed i try not to think about the stuff that bothers me but sometimes the thought just creeps in and i start feeling depressed and more depressed

i dont know if exercise helps i went to the gym a few days to try to stay busy and the next day im more moody since im feeling sore
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
go have a wank. helps

i think being depressed makes me wank like a madman i do it at least twice a day every day sometimes 3-4 times
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Dysthemic Disorder

Dysthymic Disorder is characterized by chronic depression, but with less severity than a major depression. The essential symptom for dysthymic disorder is an almost daily depressed mood for at least two years, but without the necessary criteria for a major depression. Low energy, sleep or appetite disturbances and low self-esteem are usually part of the clinical picture as well. The diagnostic criteria is as follows:

* On the majority of days for 2 years or more, the patient reports depressed mood or appears depressed to others for most of the day.

* When depressed, the patient has 2 or more of:

Appetite decreased or increased
Sleep decreased or increased
Fatigue or low energy
Poor self-image
Reduced concentration or indecisiveness
Feels hopeless
Dysthemic Disorder

Dysthymic Disorder is characterized by chronic depression, but with less severity than a major depression. The essential symptom for dysthymic disorder is an almost daily depressed mood for at least two years, but without the necessary criteria for a major depression. Low energy, sleep or appetite disturbances and low self-esteem are usually part of the clinical picture as well. The diagnostic criteria is as follows:

* On the majority of days for 2 years or more, the patient reports depressed mood or appears depressed to others for most of the day.

* When depressed, the patient has 2 or more of:

Fatigue or low energy
Poor self-image
Feels hopeless

out of that list i have 2 and i dont know if i have major depression
low energy always tired
feels hopeless

I see a psychologist regularly, even when I feel okay (insurance pays for it). If you get a good one, they are an invaluable resource.

how does a phsychologist help you besides talking to the person about your problems ?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
i dont know how to explain this situation

i feel depressed all the time well not all the time but i feel sad as hell at least once a day every day like sometimes i feel extremely sad then as day progresses im still sad but less intense and sometimes i can be extremely sad to happy so i dont know if its depression or if i could be bipolar or something

i have all this symptoms of depression and i have felt like this for 4-5 years

Loss of energy
Self-loathing
Concentration problems

the thing is i dont know what to do about it do i go to a doctor to a phsychologist or to who?

if i go to a doctor i might be put on anti depressants and im dont know how to feel about that i heard from other people that anti-depressants can mess you up because it has to be an imbalance of chemicals of the brain

and i dont know if talking my problems with a phsychologist can help me at all i tell my friends my problems but telling them my problems doesnt make me feel better sometimes it makes me feel better but temporarily and very little

anybody having a problem like this? taking medication?going to phsychologist? or any advice of any kind is appreciated it

i know this is not ultimate-doctor but i tried doing research and i dont know what to do about it or who to discuss it with

i hope i explained myself clearly

I reccomend going to see a psychiatrist. Get diagnosed properly because if you are on anti depressants with bi-polar disorder it will royally **** you up and I'm pretty positive Lithium won't do anything for depression. Get properly diagnosed but I'd assume you have depression because bipolar is alot more rare than people think it is thrown around improperly often because of how depression works. Depression makes your low extremely bad but your high points are normal but relatively it feels very good. Get checked for bipolar if you do things that could be deemed crazy in spirit of a good time in a manic phase. Bipolars become extremely irrational in a manic stage and do irrational things for fun.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Loss of energy
Self-loathing
Concentration problems

(yours)

Fatigue or low energy
Poor self-image
Feels hopeless
You have aids.

I was diagnosed bipolar and it really sucks
so just to be safe, see a psychiatrist or whatever.

Also, you sound more just depressed than actually bipolar.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by stefan1988
out of that list i have 2 and i dont know if i have major depression
low energy always tired
feels hopeless

how does a phsychologist help you besides talking to the person about your problems ?

They give you really good advice and you have a complete confidentiality in them. If your friend gives you good advice go for it but I highly recommend getting diagnosed by a psychologist or psychiatrist a psychologist won't dispense a prescription but they can still diagnose you and reccommend you get anti depressants or whatever.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by stefan1988

They spend 8-10 years in college learning how to help you, I would assume if they were just like a friend they wouldn't need to spend so much time there. o_O
Look at things rationally, I felt the same way for a while and when I started looking at things from just a "why the hell should I care?" standpoint I felt a little better.
Its just hormones ****ing with you, I'd bet it.
Concentration problems

concetration problems is when im really sad but i still manage to do my every day stuff like do my homework and my chores is just that my mood is crappy and makes me hate very second i do stuff

the other problem i got is how do i tell my dad or parents? i always tell my dad im depressed as hell but he thinks im that way because im always pessimistic
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Tell him that you think there is seriously something wrong with you and you want to get help, and don't take no for an answer. Even if you don't have full blown clinical depression now it could develop if you stay in this dysthymic state long enough, so its important that you get help in some way as soon as you can, so you can go on with your life.
Quote by The Silent Fool
Look at things rationally, I felt the same way for a while and when I started looking at things from just a "why the hell should I care?" standpoint I felt a little better.
Its just hormones ****ing with you, I'd bet it.

This man speaks the truth.
I think you need one of these:

Actually, and jokes apart , I'm dead serious here; I used to be bothered and get depressed with every little thing that went wrong, but one day I just thought to myself "why the fuck should I care?"
Just live life, man, stop worrying about everything.
Last edited by creeping.death! at May 18, 2008,
I don't think that it's bipolar disorder, as bipolar disorder makes you feel like the king of the world in some occasions.
I'd go to a doctor. He will send you to another place in case of need.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Actually, and jokes apart , I'm dead serious here; I used to be bothered and get depressed with every little thing that went wrong, but one day I just thought to myself "why the fucck should I care?"
Just live life, man, stop worrying about everything.

i try not to worry but is something i dont know man it just creeps in and i start worrying and worrying and sometimes i try to take my mind off it but once i start thinknig of it i cant stop and sometimes i try to stay positive but i cant just seem to
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
i try not to worry but is something i dont know man it just creeps in and i start worrying and worrying and sometimes i try to take my mind off it but once i start thinknig of it i cant stop and sometimes i try to stay positive but i cant just seem to

Yeah, I feel you, man. It happens to me too from time to time. I think you should try to distract yourself from your problems, do something to clear your mind, at least for a little while.
If you think is something serious, see a psychologist, I've never seen one myself, but I have relatives who had, and I'm sure it will help you.
Damn, I wish I could give you a better advice, but from personal experience this is all I know.
Quote by BastardMan
Im pretty sure the mood swings in bipolar happen in 1-4 week periods. Your other 'symptoms' seem pretty standard. I guess try looking up for a while, or if you really need to go see a doctor.

There are two types of Bipolar disorder, type A and type B. They manifest themselves differently in different people, there are also various other conditions that may occur while one has bipolar disorder such as cyclothymia.

From what i read there, looks like bipolar II (rapid cycling) or type B. I'm no doctor but i would definitely talk to one about your symptoms. With depression, doctors will often prescribe anti-depressants but bipolar disorder is a totally different disorder and usually is not treated as such. There are many medicines on the market now to help out with bipolar disorder, but you wont know if you don't get that checked out.

To the TS, i hope you feel better, bipolar disorder runs in my family and its one of my biggest fears.

With medication and a lot of willpower you can still be functional though, so best of luck.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
well, it's not bipolar, I just think you have clinical depression, I'm personally taking Zoloft for depression and have been for years now. It might take them a little bit to find what you need, but they'll get something. some of them can really screw you up if the doctor doesn't know what they're doing, (I had a doctor give me Cymbalta back before it was even being sold and it fucked me up bad, extreme anger and depression. but of course now on the commercials and such it says you shouldn't take it when you're a teenager.

But most of the time (my doctor was a dumbass) the doctor will start you on a small dose to see how it's affecting you, and maybe move it up, or else try something a little different. There might be a period where it doesn't seem like they'll find something that works, because medicines work better for some people than others, but when they find the right thing you'll be a lot happier.
if i go to a phsycologist how long will it take to get treated? do i have to every month or something or after a few visit i can be better?

But most of the time (my doctor was a dumbass) the doctor will start you on a small dose to see how it's affecting you, and maybe move it up, or else try something a little different. There might be a period where it doesn't seem like they'll find something that works, because medicines work better for some people than others, but when they find the right thing you'll be a lot happier.

yeah that's why im kind of scared of going to doctor i dont want to be prescribed anti-depressants and then be messed up i heard from alot of people it doesnt help them or it depresses them more

the thing i dont really know if my depression could be change by medicine of if talking to m yproblems to someone

i just feel depressed

because i dont really know what to do or feel about life like i dont feel i have a goal in life everything i do i just do it because i have to i have no goals. i feel like a hamster in a cage just running and running and running on that wheel and doing nothing more

im in college right now and im studying for computer science major but is just something im studying because im good with computers is not something it brings fullfilment

i love playing guitar but i know i cant make it my career and im not that great yet or progress very fast

my social skills are terrible i dont have many friends and some of my friends are just there because i dont have anybody else to talk to or do stuff with.

i feel life is very monotonous to me every day is just the same thing
wake up
eat
do work school or help my dad
play guitar or videogames and sleep
then sleep

and sometimes even playing guitar or playing videogames doesnt bring me fullfilment or joy

and sometimes my morals even mess with me seems people have no morals today pisses me off more
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff