Well, I am looking into learning music theory. Reason being, I would LOVE to write my own songs with ease.

I noticed I can learn from books easier than online (don't ask...) so, what would you UGers recommend?
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

I find it easier to learn from books aswell. If you don't know any theory, get a really simple book, like 'Learning the Guitar' or something - that will give you the basics on how to read rhythm, notation, and possibly learn about intervals etc.
Quote by BGSM
I find it easier to learn from books aswell. If you don't know any theory, get a really simple book, like 'Learning the Guitar' or something - that will give you the basics on how to read rhythm, notation, and possibly learn about intervals etc.

Well, I know some basic theory...SOME intervals, chordal techniques (Building chords), etc.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

I tell my pupils to get 'Harmony and Theory: A Comprehensive Source for All Musicians' by Keith Wyatt. I used it in the early years of my degree and it's very useful.
Quote by silentdud
Check out the Guitar Grimoire

I'd avoid this book personally; it won't teach you all that much about theory.

Go for The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory.
I have many books on music theory but most of them are geared towards very specific points. I would second smiley's recommendation to pick up a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory. I have this book, and while it isn't the deepest book, it covers such a huge scope of material and is an excellent starting point for anyone getting into theory. Actually, even if you are knowledgeable in theory already, you might learn some new things from it. After reading that, you should have a good idea where you want to focus in your concentration, and then pick up more specific books.
Quote by :-D
I'd avoid this book personally; it won't teach you all that much about theory.

Go for The Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory.

Guiitar Grimoire is the best music theory book for people who have some experience with basic music theory. It's not for the weak minded though.