Dean Razorback DB

What do you guys think? I played it for about 2 hours and I like it. But people tell me not to get it. I dont know why anyone would disagree. But I love the fixed bridge compared to the floating trem guitars i have now. What do you think?
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
its my main guitar, i love the neck, it gets a really nice tone, and i like the setup for the toggle switch getsa nice tom morello tremolo effect whn you do it right even though the pickup are stock the neck is really nice albeit a bit fuzzy but when you run that thing through distortion it just wails, i think it plays really well, my only complaint is the oversised headstock which is to big and to flat, but iwould gladly trade it for a higer end model razorback if i had the chance
Quote by Colgate Total
I think you should get a better amp, rather than worrying about another guitar.

I dont remember asking for amp suggestions. try another thread.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484

BURN!!!
also i love the size of the guitar since im a tall guy and a little big it makes me look a little normal and not like im holding a toy, you know
If you like it buy it.

The general response you're going to get from this topic will be along the lines of these:

-deans suck
-lower end deans suck
-dumb shape
-looks bad
-etc.

They're all false, other than looking bad is an opinion, which you're not asking for. IMO it looks great. I would suggest a higher end model, but if you're on a budget then go for it. It is made in Korea, and SOMETIMES korean made guitars can be shoddy but when you get up to the $500 mark usually they're a safe buy.
Quote by edusty2010
If you like it buy it.

The general response you're going to get from this topic will be along the lines of these:

-deans suck
-lower end deans suck
-dumb shape
-looks bad
-etc.

They're all false, other than looking bad is an opinion, which you're not asking for. IMO it looks great. I would suggest a higher end model, but if you're on a budget then go for it. It is made in Korea, and SOMETIMES korean made guitars can be shoddy but when you get up to the $500 mark usually they're a safe buy.

^this guys right if you dont have a price cap go for a higher end model, if you have a 600 dollar cap go for the razorback v low end model, its got a floyd rose on it which gives it an upper hand, or if you dont mind shape and your price cap is lower than 600 go for the ml version it hase a floyd rose, but if you dont like ml the razorback db is perfect imo, im also a dean guitar lover so
Quote by F8iscruel
also i love the size of the guitar since im a tall guy and a little big it makes me look a little normal and not like im holding a toy, you know

Nice. But i'm a little on the short end (I guess) i'm 5'7 lol. But what color are you getting? I'm having the hardest time choosing over the 3 colors.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by F8iscruel
^this guys right if you dont have a price cap go for a higher end model, if you have a 600 dollar cap go for the razorback v low end model, its got a floyd rose on it which gives it an upper hand, or if you dont mind shape and your price cap is lower than 600 go for the ml version it hase a floyd rose, but if you dont like ml the razorback db is perfect imo, im also a dean guitar lover so

Na, i would but I'm looking for a guitar without a floyd rose, 2 of mine now have them. I'm lookinh for a fixed bridge.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
colorwise i wanted the cherry red, but they didnt have it so i ended gettingthe black, but iwouldnt get that one it gets smudged very easily, i think the white is good, however the white and red are sparkley, slightly but still sparkly, i think the red is the best one, but ive grown fond of my all black db,
Quote by tommyp484

When your piece of shit MG starts sucking more, remember my words.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
When your piece of shit MG starts sucking more, remember my words.

maybe he was lucky and got a good one
Quote by tommyp484
Na, i would but I'm looking for a guitar without a floyd rose, 2 of mine now have them. I'm lookinh for a fixed bridge.

I have used the DB for quite a bit (It's my rhythm guitarist's, but I sneak in some play with it every time I get ). It has a very fast neck, albeit pretty delicate feeling, and the body is very wild-looking. Sounds great too (and that's out of a Spider III amplifier ).

On the topic of floyd rose, don't make a decision too quickly.I say this because down the road, you can do some amazing things with the floyd rose, and for when you don't want to whammy, take the whammy bar off, I find it makes my palm muting more easy also.
Quote by F8iscruel
maybe he was lucky and got a good one

Or maybe he's delusional for even considering one.

"Good MG" is an oxymoron.

As to not seem like more of an ass, the Razorback DB can be decent with some upgrades in pickups.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

the neck is very fast, even though i cna play fast i just glide down when i randomly hit notes lol, also the body is built very well if you get bored and want to paly like a traditional guitarist, you know on you leg closer to your fretting hand
Quote by Colgate Total
Or maybe he's delusional for even considering one.

"Good MG" is an oxymoron.

As to not seem like more of an ass, the Razorback DB can be decent with some upgrades in pickups.

Or maybe he likes his current amp and doens't want to spend money on a really nice amp that's going to make him sound better... His whole audience of one to two people plus him (I'm assuming you're a pretty much bedroom guitarist... Even if he's gigging, who cares? If he likes it leave him be.) is really gonna notice .

If he likes the sound he gets, awesome. If we all played x amps, x guitars, and x pickups, we'd all sound the same. There's this thing called opinion, and everyone has one, THEY'RE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR'S. I DON'T CARE IF UG SAY'S THEY'RE BAD, MAYBE HE LIKES IT.

God damn... Ok, now that that's done...

About the color issue I have to say I like the white the best, and as a general rule I don't like white guitars. The black seemed to really show smudges, the red I didn't like because it just seemed weird, it's too dark for my tastes, but I liked the little sparkle in the white.
Quote by edusty2010
Or maybe he likes his current amp and doens't want to spend money on a really nice amp that's going to make him sound better... His whole audience of one to two people plus him (I'm assuming you're a pretty much bedroom guitarist... Even if he's gigging, who cares? If he likes it leave him be.) is really gonna notice .

If he likes the sound he gets, awesome. If we all played x amps, x guitars, and x pickups, we'd all sound the same. There's this thing called opinion, and everyone has one, THEY'RE DIFFERENT FROM YOUR'S. I DON'T CARE IF UG SAY'S THEY'RE BAD, MAYBE HE LIKES IT.

God damn... Ok, now that that's done...

About the color issue I have to say I like the white the best, and as a general rule I don't like white guitars. The black seemed to really show smudges, the red I didn't like because it just seemed weird, it's too dark for my tastes, but I liked the little sparkle in the white.

I'm sorry, but have you ever played an MG? Unless you're completely tone deaf, I don't see how you could ever spend money on one. I play in a small blues band, but I don't see how it has to do with much of anything.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Colgate Total
I'm sorry, but have you ever played an MG? Unless you're completely tone deaf, I don't see how you could ever spend money on one. I play in a small blues band, but I don't see how it has to do with much of anything.

Yes I have played an MG. Quite a few actually. But while you may consider the tone terrible he may like it. I don't like the tone, but it's better than what I have currently. I mean for a bedroom guitarist I'm sorry; you don't need an expensive amp. All you need is something comfortable to play so you can get better, then when you need something, buy the top of the line. But if you go buy a hardcore metal "br00tal" amp now, then sure, you'll have awesome tone in your room, but by the time you're gigging you may be leaning more towards jazz or blues, then that money went down the drain.

Do you see what I'm trying to get at?
dont listen to what other people think, if you've been playing for 2 hours and you like it, go for it.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by edusty2010
Yes I have played an MG. Quite a few actually. But while you may consider the tone terrible he may like it. I don't like the tone, but it's better than what I have currently. I mean for a bedroom guitarist I'm sorry; you don't need an expensive amp. All you need is something comfortable to play so you can get better, then when you need something, buy the top of the line. But if you go buy a hardcore metal "br00tal" amp now, then sure, you'll have awesome tone in your room, but by the time you're gigging you may be leaning more towards jazz or blues, then that money went down the drain.

Do you see what I'm trying to get at?

Yes, I do. You could get a better amp for bedroom playing, not to mention he has a damned stack...
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Yes, I do. You could get a better amp for bedroom playing, not to mention he has a damned stack...

I agree, a stack is too much. But you can turn the volume down. I'm not gonna argue with you anymore, I just think if he wants a guitar and likes his amp then why not just go for the guitar, especially if you don't have one guitar that's NOT a floating trem... A close friend had I think three guitars with floating trems once, nothing else. De tuning was not fun for him, because he claimed all dropped tunings were dumb, so he had all his guitars in standard... This is the guy who now has one hardtail guitar in drop A, full time...
Try other guitars in your price range and up (maybe some higher end razorbacks?). If you still like the razorback then buy it.
WELL,
1. i do play in a band
2. THANKYOU edusty2010
3. Colgate total is a communist and he wants everyone to be the same.
4. I'm gunna settle for black.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
buy it if you like it. it looks cool. personally, i dont like how it feels but hey thats just me.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
black is a good choice, but be warned as a guy who owns that guitar in that color, it gets smudged beyond belief
Ok for the people that said stuff about Dean sucks go play your everyday fender, I banez crap. and go back to your moms basement.

Ok I've had this guitar close to a year and love it the neck is so fast, and the tone is nice for the stock pups. and for color I have the white if you get white make sure you clean it alot it gets a little yellow tint to it after awhile.
Dean even have some entry level electrics made of basswood that
you can get some nice tone out of. I used to overlook them all the
time...but I have to get them credit..they can be pretty good...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett