Hey guys, I'm planning on getting an acoustic guitar sometime in the next coming months. I really like the Ovation guitars, I've played one a few days ago but I'm looking for something under $200.

I was thinking about getting the Ovation Applause ae128 (or whatever it is) but I really need to know what you guys suggest.

Also I'm looking for an acoustic guitar that is not full sized. Meaning I don't want a huge body. Idk it just feels uncomfortable to me to play.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
Last edited by GSanthony4458 at May 17, 2008,
Ovations have a very...unnatural sound when you play em unplugged, altho they sound excellent amp'd. I believe Ibanez has some good thinline or smaller acoustics in that price range, Fender may also. Just make sure you get as much solid wood as you can, as even just a solid top will sound much better than a laminate top.
Thanks for the info. Even though I'll probably be spending more time plugged in than unplugged I still would play it unplugged at times.

I forgot to mention that I wouldn't mind getting an acoustic/electric guitar.
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
dont think youll find much quality for under 200, especially not if you need electronics
hmmm damn.
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
I've always been a fan of most fender acoustics. They don't sound half bad, and they're reasonably (cheap) priced
How about the Lucero LC100?
Washburn C80S?
Washburn C40?
Yamaha CG101A?

thanks
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
Quote by that_phat_guy
I've always been a fan of most fender acoustics. They don't sound half bad, and they're reasonably (cheap) priced

And theres also better stuff out there. I never have liked the sound of a Fender acoustic.

Have a look at this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075

A decent acoustic electric is hard to find for less than $400. In fact I would not buy an acoustic-electric until I was willing to spend about $400.

The cheapest, decent guitar you will find is the Yamaha FG700S (great guitar btw, fantastic value for money) and then stick a sound hole pickup in it (they cost anywhere between $30 to over a hundred).

That way you get a good guitar and a decent pickup that you can always upgrade later.

Also, low end ovations are dodgy, stay away. same as any Ibanez acoustic.