i want to use the effects loop on my dual rec. but i can't seem to get it to work, the effects mix jacks/knobs are filled in with black plastic in them and there's no way that i see to turn them, i downloaded the manual from mesaboogie but it wasn't much help. if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it

(i'm trying to run an mxr noise gate, line6 space chorus, boss flange, dunlop 535q wah, boss tu-2)

thanks
no not right now, i just got it a couple days ago...it's on the back right where the effects loop knob is...there's two 1/4" input jacks it says effects mix and there's like a 10% on one and 0 to 100% on the other but their filled in with black plastic and i don't see any way to adjust the "mix"....if it's of any help it's a 3 channel dual rectifier, not a dual. right now i'm having to run everything out in front of the amp and i'd atleast like to give the effects loop a try.

(mesa's manual say's the effects loop is one of the most comprehensive and versatile fx loops out there........i must be a dumbass, haha)
sounds like the shafts could be broken off where the knobs used to be. The 1/4" jacks aren't filled in are they?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
is it new or used??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
That is pretty strange to me. If the FX loop 1/4 inputs are filled in ( I've never heard of anything like that) Then your amp is damaged. I cant see any possible reason for the loop inputs to be filled in with anything. That is definitly NOT how it came from the factory.

What are the jacks filled in with?

What year Mesa ( 2 or 3 channel) ?

From whom and how much did you pay?
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
i think i figured out the problem, i went to mesa'a site and checked out the pictures of the back panel and there's 2 knobs right beside the channel select knob...i don't have these two knobs mine are just 1/4 inputs filled with what looks like black plastic, so somewhere down the line these knobs got broke off. i'll just run everything through the front of the amp

i gave $500 and an ltd kh-602 for it. 2004 triple channel
yea you definitely want to run your effects through the front of any dual or triple rectifier b/c the effects loop is parallel, so your tone will always be a mix of your loop and your direct signal... a lot of ppl hate that about them
Well Enough Alone
Quote by Downer01
i think i figured out the problem, i went to mesa'a site and checked out the pictures of the back panel and there's 2 knobs right beside the channel select knob...i don't have these two knobs mine are just 1/4 inputs filled with what looks like black plastic, so somewhere down the line these knobs got broke off. i'll just run everything through the front of the amp

i gave $500 and an ltd kh-602 for it. 2004 triple channel

that black plastic is what's left of the shafts where the knobs were attached. It will need new pots if you ever want to use them correctly again. You may be able to get something like a screwdriver to turn them however, if you can get it to catch on the plastic. That's not a bad price you paid, but whoever sold you it should have told you about that first.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yea i should have checked first, i'm not a total rookie or anything (been playing about 6 years) but i was too psyched about getting a dual rec. for basically 500 cause i didn't really play the kirk hammett guitar that much so it really wasn't that big of a loss to me. i just turned the amp on and started playing, the clean was decent and when i heard the distortion i was completely sold. i don't want to start a fight or get stoned to death but i've owned lots of amps over the years, both s.s. and tube and the rectifier does what the other amps and dist. pedals try to do. i'm really interested in hearing the pitbull and bogner uberschall heads now to see if they sound better. cause to me out of all the amps i've heard and played i think the rectifier solo heads are the best hard rock/metal amps on the planet
yeah, I can understand, I've done the same thing when I've been super psyched on a piece of gear. That's great that you've found "your" amp, they are nice amps. I bet a tech could replace those pots for you pretty cheap too, that or get a hold of boogie support, they are usually really cool to deal with. They would probably send you out some new pots for free.
amp clips
amp vids
Take some pics of the damage. I am curious to see what happened.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Downer01
i want to use the effects loop on my dual rec. but i can't seem to get it to work, the effects mix jacks/knobs are filled in with black plastic in them and there's no way that i see to turn them, i downloaded the manual from mesaboogie but it wasn't much help. if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it

(i'm trying to run an mxr noise gate, line6 space chorus, boss flange, dunlop 535q wah, boss tu-2)

thanks
I personally hate Rectifier effects loops.
Most of those units you want to run should be in front of the amp anyway. Specifically, the wah and flange.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I personally hate Rectifier effects loops.
Most of those units you want to run should be in front of the amp anyway. Specifically, the wah and flange.

You don't run flange before the amp unless you're strictly playing clean. With distortion, the flange will be saturated by the distortion in the preamp giving it a very squaky fuzzy tone as compared to the swirling flange tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^but mesa effects loops are parallel anyway, so its much of a muchness. parallel effects loops blow.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
^but mesa effects loops are parallel anyway, so its much of a muchness. parallel effects loops blow.

This is true.

Except on the Roadking, Mark IV and Lonestar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio

did you take any in focus?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Yeah, I can't see anything because it is so out of focus.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
yea sorry about the fuzziness, it's just the two gold inputs inbetween the two black knobs