I'm liking both of these guitars, unfortunately I have barely had a chance to play them because the city i live in doesn't sell ESP stuff and they only sell lower end Jacksons. Could anyone help me out with the pros and cons of these two guitars? I was also looking at a Jackson KV2...but it is a bit pricey for me..is it worth the extra? Is there any other models you guys would recommend other than these and why? Thanks for any responses!
The Alexi-600 has an EMG-Hz, while the Jackson has an EMG-81.

On the other hand, the Alexi-600 looks better in my opinion. They're basically the same guitar besides the pickup.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The Alexi-600 actually has an SD Blackout in the bridge.
At least the new models do.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I played the Alexi 2 weeks ago and I did everything from metal
to blues to classic rock. That is one impressive guitar. I found it
to be one of the most comfortable guitars i ever picked up. I only
played it because I was a skeptic of a uni-pup guitar. After 10 mins
and it had handled every genre i had thrown at it..I said to myself
yeah..this one is a winner...
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by coolbeverage
I'm liking both of these guitars, unfortunately I have barely had a chance to play them because the city i live in doesn't sell ESP stuff and they only sell lower end Jacksons. Could anyone help me out with the pros and cons of these two guitars? I was also looking at a Jackson KV2...but it is a bit pricey for me..is it worth the extra? Is there any other models you guys would recommend other than these and why? Thanks for any responses!

simply put... Yes, yes it is. But the pros and cons of the Alexi and RR24 are:

Alexi

pros:
-Seymour Duncan Blackout Pickup
-deeper cutaway
-less neck heavy

cons:
-not as good build quality(made in Korea)
-one pickup
-not a Rhoads shape because of restrictions
-signature guitar

RR24:

pros:
-EMG 81
-real Rhoads shape
-better build quality (made in Japan)
-not a signature

cons:
-a bit neck heavy
-one pickup
-not as deep of a cutaway as the Alexi model
Be cool.
Last edited by thedude051 at May 18, 2008,
On the cutaway issue, I played a Alexi a week or two ago and I have to say the cutaway (for me made the access worse. It seems weird, and I didn't think it would, but when I move to the higher frets of the Alexi my hand hits the cutout part and basically stops. This could've been because I was sitting down, but idk. When I sit with the RR shaped my hand hits the small part of the body then just escalates up to fit it, it's actually really comfortable.

I did find the Alexi to be more comfortable sitting because of the extended lower wing though.

Believe it or not the single pup really didn't hinder me when I played it either. I mean I couldn't get a GREAT clean sound but it was pretty damn good. Then all you have to do is roll up the volume and BOOM, it's a whole new guitar. With alder bodies I have to say I prefer the BOs over EMG's, and I LOVE EMG's, so that's saying something.

Also, the RR24 has a painted neck while as the Alexi has a raw neck (I think, it may have had some sort of a clear coat on it). Generally a painted neck slows people down, but I know I hardly notice it.

The Alexi is a sig guitar, but it really doesn't look too much like a signature. I mean it's got it's own look, but it's not like a ZW gibson. I'd definatly try to play both before you buy, but if it was me choosing, I think I'd have to go for the Alexi. But I haven't played an RR24, only an RR3 and an RR5, so they could be more your style. Whatever you do make sure if you get the Alexi it's not a passive EMG, the BO's seriously put that thing to shame.

Quote by Colgate Total
Personally, I'd take the RR1 over the RR24 any day.

Ok... I don't mean to be an ass, but did this contribute to the topic at all? No. He asked about the RR24/Alexi-600. Besides, it's apparent that his budget it about $1200 for a guitar, and you start talking about a guitar that runs $2000 MINIMUM? Sure, we'd probably all take an RR1 over any other RR series but your post was totally irrelevant to the topic... Not trying to flame, I just dislike when I see posts that don't help much if at all.
Last edited by edusty2010 at May 18, 2008,
alexi has blackout while rr24 has emg. alexi's has better fret access because the cutout on the bottom part is a a lot further down the neck than normal guitars. Also, the alexi's neck is unpainted, which means better speed and less friction. However, the RR24 has a thinner neck for better speed. it's all a matter of preference. i'd go for the jackson for looks. for playability, the alexi.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by edusty2010
Besides, it's apparent that his budget it about $1200 for a guitar, and you start talking about a guitar that runs $2000 MINIMUM? Sure, we'd probably all take an RR1 over any other RR series but your post was totally irrelevant to the topic... Not trying to flame, I just dislike when I see posts that don't help much if at all.

lmao my ass 2000 bucks. hahaha thats so freakin high wow. i cant believe you siad that. its funny. i saw one at guitar center today used for 1600 sticker 5/5 for quality
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by edusty2010

Ok... I don't mean to be an ass, but did this contribute to the topic at all? No. He asked about the RR24/Alexi-600. Besides, it's apparent that his budget it about $1200 for a guitar, and you start talking about a guitar that runs $2000 MINIMUM? Sure, we'd probably all take an RR1 over any other RR series but your post was totally irrelevant to the topic... Not trying to flame, I just dislike when I see posts that don't help much if at all.

I was replying to the PopPunkHead guy, I suppose I should have quoted him for clarification.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by apak
lmao my ass 2000 bucks. hahaha thats so freakin high wow. i cant believe you siad that. its funny. i saw one at guitar center today used for 1600 sticker 5/5 for quality

post falls down where?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I onced played a Alexi-600 and a RR24 side by side (they had both guitars in the store) and i personally liked the Alexi better, everything felt better (i was surprised by this because it's made in Korea)
The neck was better on the Alexi (i have always preferred ESP/LTD necks over Jacksons so that's just preference, but still i think the Alexi has a thicker and rounder neck than the Jackson anyways it felt like it) But i didn't get to play the guitars with an amp so i can´t say anything about the sound
But all i can say just try both guitars
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Cool, thanks for the useful responses guys

Quote by thedude051
simply put... Yes, yes it is.

In regards to the Jackson KV2 being worth the extra money... what makes it so much greater than the two guitars I was looking at? I'm still pretty new to the whole hardware difference thing in guitars, as the guitars I own are low-mid level guitars (Epiphone and PRS SE) Thanks!
Quote by coolbeverage
Cool, thanks for the useful responses guys

In regards to the Jackson KV2 being worth the extra money... what makes it so much greater than the two guitars I was looking at? I'm still pretty new to the whole hardware difference thing in guitars, as the guitars I own are low-mid level guitars (Epiphone and PRS SE) Thanks!

Its made in the USA. Better hardware, wood and excellent build quality.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
The KV2 is one of the best guitars I played ever. It's neck is phenomenal, you can do anything with it and it handles amazingly live. You can hold it any way you want and still have total control & access. The neck is thinner than a RR1, but build quality is the same. So it comes down to neck profile preference.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower