So i'm getting a tattoo of a raven, the bird. May I say a Raven is by far and above my favorite animal and I absolutely love the eerieness and darkness that it has to it's name. I also really enjoy the poem, "The Raven". Coincidentally it's my favorite piece of literature. However, I haven't read the poem in several years, and I'd like to get a quote I could put half on top and half of bottom of the perched Raven.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"
truely sounds amazing and would look good on the tattoo, but it really only says "The raven said Nevermore." Very dull meaning.

Nameless here for evermore.
I like that, because I have a pretty bad reputation at my school, most of it for stuff I didn't even do. I feel sometimes I don't have a "name"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil--prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us--by that God we both adore--

I think that'd go pretty well, one line on top, one line on bottom, but IDK.

OR

I was thinking maybe these two lines on top
"But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour."

and

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore" on bottom. I really don't know...

Any ideas/suggestions?

And no, I'm not emo, my love for Ravens started as a little kid when the WCW wrestlers DDP and Raven were arch enemies, started with Raven the wrestler, went to Raven the bird...no idea...
Duckksecks

Duck #5 of the African Water Hole fan club PM findingmyway to join!
i think if you are incorporating text into a design you should use it sparingly and keep it brief. the picture should be the focal point, not the text. two lines of text only looks good if you are just getting a script tattoo of just text IMO.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
the second reason. definitely. just glad to read that your getting tattoo because it means something not because its something everyone seems to do.

good for you.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I think you should just have "UG lol"

/thread
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i think if you are incorporating text into a design you should use it sparingly and keep it brief. the picture should be the focal point, not the text. two lines of text only looks good if you are just getting a script tattoo of just text IMO.

i agree.
And this ebony bird beguiling, my sad fancy into smiling,
by the stern and grave decorum of the countanence it wore.
"though thy crest be shorn and shaven, surely though" I said" art no craven,
ghastly, grim, and ancient raven wandering in from the nightly shore.
Tell me what thy lordly name is upon the nights plutonian shore"
quothe the raven "nevermore"
So Im guessing tatooing the whole poem onto your back is out of the question?

Of those, I personally like the second one best. Nice meaning, cool sounding line. If it were me hoever, I'd take the last part of the 11th stanza. It reads "Never--- Nevermore." I'd put Never above and Nevermore below, but thats just my opinion.

Be careful, getting too much text wll detract from the image, which I assuming is supposed to be the main focus?
Last edited by Pyrofretnic at May 18, 2008,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I think you should just have "UG lol"

dude, I totally agree, I would get that done.. for the lulz
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Here's what you do.
1. Get a trout.
2. Bring trout everywhere you go.
3. Problem solved.

Seriously, I wouldn't **** with a guy who is randomly carrying a trout.

OM NOM NOM
Quote by Pyrofretnic

Of those, I personally like the second one best. Nice meaning, cool sounding line. If it were me hoever, I'd take the last part of the 11th stanza. It reads "Never--- Nevermore." I'd put Never above and Nevermore below, but thats just my opinion.

Be careful, getting too much text wll detract from the image, which I assuming is supposed to be the main focus?

Yeah the image is the focal point.

However, I just learned a true group of ravens is not a "flock" or anything of that nature, but called an "unkindness"...that'd be pretty awesome underneath the bird, or maybe no?
Duckksecks

Quote by Pyrofretnic

Dude, if I had the patience and the no-so-severe fear of needles (im gonna suck it up for this raven tat), I'd seriously do it.
Duckksecks

If you yourself can't decide. Don't do it.

Body mod thread?