i get a lot of pupils who come in and buy gibson les paul studio and marshall mgs...like they buy an overpriced mid range guitar and dont realise an amp is more important than the guitar for tone and are extremely happy because they get the mg with their leftover change. why do guitar shops not recommend epiphones and valve kings or something?
because then the mgs would just be sitting there for ever...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
lol well thats like the 5th pupil ive had who has done it. Im like Tokai and a crate blackheart PLEASE!!
haha. let them make the mistake, thats how they will learn.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
^i'm actually wanting an old 80s or 90s Tokai Les Paul to go w/ my blackheart....that would be sexyyy. i hear jap made guitars are about USA quality level or better. so i'm thinkin' bout getting either a Tokai LP or superstrat. any idea if they make a guitar similar to a PRS? after seeing some Santanna vids i'm wantin his tone again.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
ughh i just jammed with a new band me and my friend formed today and the other guitarist had the MG stack.
Someone called the cops on us too
The cop said it was a noise violation, but honestly i think the neighbors just hated the bee's-in a-tin-can tone.
But thankfully i convinced him to save up for either a mesa single rectifier or an ENGL Thunder or Screamer.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab