How does the media influence how we, the viewer, understand a representation of an image?

Discuss.

I've just finished my paper and feel like an intelligent conversation.

Oh, wait, this is the pit. My bad.
Quote by lolcats
How does the media influence how we, the viewer, understand a representation of an image?

Discuss.

I've just finished my paper and feel like an intelligent conversation.

Oh, wait, this is the pit. My bad.

Lies. I think you want us to do your paper for you.

Well, I'm homophobic, racist, and I swear a lot. My parents are pretty tolerant of everything, so that should give you some idea. I suppose it only effects us as much as we let it though.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Doppelgänger
Lies. I think you want us to do your paper for you.

While I appreciate you undermining the fact that I just spent several hours writing an essay, I tell you no lies. Promise.
How does the media influence how we, the viewer, understand a representation of an image......

it dont influnece me at all, i see something on the news and that what it is....usually a report on why the pandas at the zoo aint doing it
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by silent caution
How does the media influence how we, the viewer, understand a representation of an image......

it dont influnece me at all, i see something on the news and that what it is....usually a report on why the pandas at the zoo aint doing it

I mean, on all pictures. Like, when you see a picture of, say, mlk, is what you think about him really what you think? Or is it the media telling you what to think through the way a particular photo has been set, captioned etc?

Disclaimer: I'm not racist.
Quote by Arthur Curry
or is it we who influence the media?

Heard of Stuart Hall?
The media twists, turns, and distorts all information until the information you are presented is but a drop in the ocean of what once was truth.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I just came to this thread to point that someone is putting a 5 star rating on all of the threads of the pit.
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock