People using laptops - does anybody have trouble with the touchpad to control the cursor using calloused fingertips?

I have to use a non-calloused finger to use the touchpad because the calloused fingers don't register.

Anybody else have this problem?
2002 Epiphone Goth G400 SG
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
1986 Washburn RR2 Flying V
1991 Peavey Falcon II Stratocaster
I had that for a while, but I use semi-flatwound strings now so my callouses have gone away for the most part...it's just thick skin now.
Nope, no sig here.
Use your right hand for the touchpad. I don't see a big deal. If you're right handed, your left hand will have calloused fingers. Are you saying you play right handed and use your left hand for your laptop?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Not sure, never used one. But, has anyone else noticed that all of the forums on the first pages have ratings?
Ya I have that, it gets rather annoying because my hands are both calloused from work.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Use your right hand for the touchpad. I don't see a big deal. If you're right handed, your left hand will have calloused fingers. Are you saying you play right handed and use your left hand for your laptop?

It's not a big deal. But my right hand fingertips are slightly calloused also, since I do alot of classical finger picking.

I mostly use a usb mouse, but for times when there's not much table space i.e. lecture theatres, it could get quite annoying.
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
Quote by Dilweed
Not sure, never used one. But, has anyone else noticed that all of the forums on the first pages have ratings?

I was just thinking the same thing.
Well, my left hand is the one calloused from guitar, and I use my right hand on the touchpad.
yeahh, i have the same problem but i use my right hand for the touchpad anyway so it doesnt reall affect me
Use your thumb?
Quote by Rockford_rocks

As for me, I used to think you got a girl pregnant by sleeping naked in the same bed as her (no contact whatsoever), or by peeing down her throat.

Quote by foob85
Fap, take a nap, level my hunter to 80, and fap again. All in 30 seconds.
I've been found out.
B.C. Rich Warlock custom
I don't have this problem, because only the tips of my fingers are calloused (proper classical technique FTW) and I use the pads of my fingers for the touchpad, also I usually just use a mouse (and a detachable full sized keyboard) with my laptop because touchpads piss me off.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Yea, because there isn't a single person on this planet that plucks with their bare fingers. Not one person plays any kind of guitar and plucks the strings with their fingers so it HAS to be his fretting fingers that are calloused. Because there is a zero percent chance that he plays some sort of guitar and plucks with his fingers and not some kind of plectrum. Because no one in history has ever done that. Ever.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Wtf is a calloused finger?

when your fingers develop callouses (multiple layers of hardened skin) in this case it happens with people who play guitar to prevent your fretting hand fingers from being sliced to bits.

Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea, because there isn't a single person on this planet that plucks with their bare fingers. Not one person plays any kind of guitar and plucks the strings with their fingers so it HAS to be his fretting fingers that are calloused. Because there is a zero percent chance that he plays some sort of guitar and plucks with his fingers and not some kind of plectrum. Because no one in history has ever done that. Ever.

excellent point.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I used to have that problem a lot. It was irritating. Then I got a mouse that plugs into the laptop. Problem solved.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

dude. yeah, they do.

i don't have a laptop, but wouldn't it work if you just put more pressure on it?

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
i don't have a laptop, but wouldn't it work if you just put more pressure on it?

You'd think so.

Didn't work for me...
B.C. Rich Warlock custom