you think itll sound decent????

also, does anyone have an SYB-5?
if so what settings can get you some good sounds?
Well by voice box do you mean talkbox? I think that one of those two would be good, but at the same time, I'm not sure. It's worth trying, though, it might be totally epic or totally annoying.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Well by voice box do you mean talkbox? I think that one of those two would be good, but at the same time, I'm not sure. It's worth trying, though, it might be totally epic or totally annoying.

yeah im gonna buy a Rockatron Banshee 2 after i get my new bass
i agree with the either epic or ****ty

ill be sure to send you a clip if it turns out for the better
Even if it's horrible, send me a clip. I love putting strange effects on my bass. I recommend the Korg Kaoss pad. That's some fun shiit right there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Even if it's horrible, send me a clip. I love putting strange effects on my bass. I recommend the Korg Kaoss pad. That's some fun shiit right there.

yeah i was thinking of picking one of those up
i need to focus on getting my bass first haha
I don't own an SYB-5 but I have played on one. It's not too hard to get a sound that's good, and there are a ton of different sounds available. If I remember correctly, it has something like 9-11 different synth modes, and each one has 4 different tweakable parameters, so it can produce pretty much any synth mode you could think of.

But I found that it functions best by itself, so combining it with a talkbox might be a bit risky. I tried it with distortion and it became too gainy, but you're not really supposed to combine additional drive with synth anyhow. To get an idea of how well a talk box would work with the synth, try using a wah pedal with it instead just to test. Wah pedals seem to alter tone in a similar way to talkboxes so any sharp nuances will likely be reproduced with the wah also.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I don't own an SYB-5 but I have played on one. It's not too hard to get a sound that's good, and there are a ton of different sounds available. If I remember correctly, it has something like 9-11 different synth modes, and each one has 4 different tweakable parameters, so it can produce pretty much any synth mode you could think of.

But I found that it functions best by itself, so combining it with a talkbox might be a bit risky. I tried it with distortion and it became too gainy, but you're not really supposed to combine additional drive with synth anyhow. To get an idea of how well a talk box would work with the synth, try using a wah pedal with it instead just to test. Wah pedals seem to alter tone in a similar way to talkboxes so any sharp nuances will likely be reproduced with the wah also.

so informative it was amazing
thanks
I think this would sound bad, on a completly overkill level.
If anything, it'll sound like a really, really bad version of Barry White covering Stevie Wonder's talkbox recording.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
that COULD sound ultra funky and awesome, or it could sound gay to the max

post some recordings so we can check it out
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
I use to own the syb5 until I sold it because it has really bad tracking.. It makes some darn cool sounds only let down is that tracking problem..

Im thinking of making a talk box for my bass just to mess around with ;D let us know how yours goes
. . .

WOW SH*T

My Axe: WarwickThumb