Well, I recently bought a new guitar, the Ibanez SZ4020FM, and it plays amazingly. But theres just one thing I feel I'm missing in my tone: the bass. It feels like the pickups just dont deliver enough bass. I play mainly thrash metal or metalcore, but im getting into more progressive stuff. But when Im chugging the low E string or playing gallops or whatnot, i just don't get that chunky, heavy feeling. So my questions is: would new pickups or an EQ pedal better justify this situation. My amp is a Orange Rocker 30 Combo, and current pickups are Seymour Duncan/ibz. I'm not sure what pickups i would get if i got them, i was thinking I would try them out, but I'm thinking maybe some actives; either EMGs or Blackouts.
Thanks for your help!
rockerverbs just arnt a bassy amp to begin with dude. the hardest a orange really hits is Black Sabbath tone.
Just get an EQ pedal. Dan Electro Fish & Chips is freaking awesome (and small) for ~30 dollars.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
i would say eq pedal. is ur combo amp a 112 or 212
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
With that amp, probably an EQ in the effects loop. Were you getting bass you like with your last guitar? If it really is the pickups, John Petrucci uses dimarzio D-sonic on the bridge, that's a pretty good sound.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Before you spend any money, adjust the way the pickups are sitting. Raise just the bass side, and possibly lower the treble side a bit. I had that same problem on another guitar I owned, and adjusting the pickup fixed it.
My amp is 112. Also, my last guitar was a squier strat :P so the pickups on that were **** anyways.
Also, pyrofretnic, what do you mean by raising the bass side and lowering the treble side, i'm sort of confused.
And, my amp doesnt have an FX loop, so would running the EQ before the amp be alright?
EQ pedal should do the trick, if not a couple of Dimarzio Breeds would certainly help matters.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Before you spend any money, adjust the way the pickups are sitting. Raise just the bass side, and possibly lower the treble side a bit. I had that same problem on another guitar I owned, and adjusting the pickup fixed it.

He speaks the truth.