I have a PRS SE Soapbar Maple II Custom that has two P90 single coils in it.

The P90s have a casing that is larger than most single coil pickups, but smaller than the average humbucker. Because the guitar is Maple, I don't think DiMarzio Evos would be complemented to their full potential, so I'm thinking of either passive EMGs or maybe a pair of Bill Lawrence L500XL humbuckers.

As it is though, I obviously won't be able to fit the humbuckers in the slot already in the body... so... How do I, uh, make room for it w/o ****ing up the finish/body.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
I don't think you can :\

If you don't want to risk ballsing it up, pay someone to route out your guitar so they fit, otherwise buy some of the soapbar single coils. They can sound pretty good too, maybe not as hot as Evo's, at least none that I've heard.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks
just route out a bit of it to make a humbucker cavity. it would be well worth it.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
just route out a bit of it to make a humbucker cavity. it would be well worth it.

You can get humbuckers that are p-90 sized. Dimarzio make a few.

And I'm not sure your guitar is maple- it probably just has a maple top
It could be just a maple top.

It's an SE series, made in Korea, so chances are that it is.

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Soapbar-Electric-Guitar?sku=515829

It is solid mahogany, actually. Surprised even me.

Also, I think I found a set of pickups that would be perfect:

http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=10&catalogid=71
Quote by gilly_90
Which one is better?
Thanks