anyone have any suggestions for a GOOD chorus pedal? i'm using the line6 tonecore space chorus because i got it at a pawnshop for 30 dollars. but it's WAY too noisy. i could get some decent chorus sounds out of it, but it's just way too noisy. when it's not in use all you get is this awful hum. so does anyone have any suggestions for a good sounding and quiet chorus pedal that won't dirty up my signal chain.....ch-1 ce-5 ehx small clone maybe???
i've had the ch-1 and now own the small clone
it pawns it
small clone ftw
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
small clone, done.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
while the small clone is excellent sounding, it does leave a lot more tweakability to be desired. with that said, i A/B'd the small clone with the line 6 chorus while i was choosing a chorus and the small clone does sound A LOT better, even though if you're buying brand new its cheaper than the tonecore chorus.

@Kid_Thorazine: I found that while the clone theory had more suitable controls for my needs, it didn't sound quite as good, i don't really know what it was i didn't like about it - it still sounded great, just a bit dirty sounding. could've been just because i used it through a marshall AVT...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
yea i'm probly gonna give the small clone a shot, i just gotta do something cause this line6 sucks, i hate it more every second i look at it. i'm just gonna take it out my chain and throw it in my p.o.s. pile
Quote by Downer01
anyone have any suggestions for a GOOD chorus pedal? i'm using the line6 tonecore space chorus because i got it at a pawnshop for 30 dollars. but it's WAY too noisy. i could get some decent chorus sounds out of it, but it's just way too noisy. when it's not in use all you get is this awful hum. so does anyone have any suggestions for a good sounding and quiet chorus pedal that won't dirty up my signal chain.....ch-1 ce-5 ehx small clone maybe???

If you're looking for the pedal that would least dirty up your signal chain, you probably want to go with the small clone over the boss pedals, since it's true bypass and they're not.
Quote by Dave_Mc
less headroom than the windsor head? what, does it distort before you plug it in?