So my drummer says i need at least 300W for gigging and im like what???

now i dont know how much my drummer knows about amps and guitars and such but he seems to know what he's talking about.

i talked to a different drummer (who owns the music store) and he showed me a crate half-stack (F240 or something like that).

We are planning on doing some bars, outdoor shows and such.

how much do i need?

F.Y.I.
the crate halfstack is 650$ (canadian) and any other HS (marshall and randall) about 1100$
Banquo?

X
its not tube, but there is a 30W tube crate and im told it has the same amount of volume as the 120HS valve. and im thinking that i can always buy another stack and make it a full
Banquo?

X
Your drummer is on crack!!!!!

Tube amp - 30watts to 50watts
SS amp - 75watts to 100 watts

Combo amp would be loud enough. Half stack would definately be loud enough.

As far as the Crate goes, try it out and if you like the sound get it.
Even 50 watts tube is overkill, and for bars and outdoor shows, you probably wont even need 30 tube watts.
My 135watt fender Bassman 100 is overkill for a hall, m8, you only need like 50+ watts
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Well if your not a Bassist,
Then a 30-50 watt tube Amp will Definately suffice.
Solidstate 100 or more..Depends on the amp really.
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Yeah 300watts would melt peoples faces and not in a good way. i dont think youd be invited back. and amp like the jcm2000 half stack (100 watts with the 1960a cab) is probably more than enough
I R GUY LOLOLOLOLOLO1O1O1O!!1L1
i play all kinds of rock, i have a MIM fat strat and currently a fender 15w frontman. i have around $300 but i can get a couple hundred sooner or later
I have a vox AC30 and i love it, its not great if you like high gain though, i sometimes use a bluesbreaker boost pedal to bring it up to the right OD level

not sure about prices in america though
lol@u
my mate uses a 50watt good quality marshall amp and the bassist uses a 500watt and then you get a good blend of both
Quote by Ichimaru
Pics? I can tell if someone has AIDS just by looking.

Quote by xHuffyx
BTW, what's metal and full of holes?

Dimebag Darrell.
Quote by whitetiger4000
So my drummer says i need at least 300W for gigging and im like what???

now i dont know how much my drummer knows about amps and guitars and such but he seems to know what he's talking about.

Be careful around your drummer, he's a know-nothing BS artist who makes up crap rather than letting on that he's completely ignorant.

Any show that requires anything bigger than an (all tube) 30W 1x12 combo should also have a PA available to mic it up to.

Pick your amp based on it's tone. A 30-50W head (again, all tube) and a 2x12 cab could be your amp for the rest of you life. But if not, it'll be a great starting point and one you can build on.

Unless you're playing toneless death metalcore, steer clear of SS halfstacks.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.