My band will be headlining an indie rock festival on the 7th of June.

We basically have 2 original songs down and practiced, we're in the process of writing another one, and we've practiced Zombies by Cranberries once or twice during our jam sessions.

Basically, we're looking for another cover song to do that at least half of the audience knows (lol). Here's the criteria:

- It has to be decidedly uptempo. The other songs are a bit melancholic, so we're looking for something to get the crowd cheering and moshing.

- It has to be able to be played by one keyboardist and a guitarist. The keyboardist can't do anything complex (....), but I suppose if there's a very direct guide to what notes to play, she MIGHT be able to do it. And both of us will be singing, so the guitar parts can't be overly complex either, at least nothing too complex for me to sing and play at the same time.

- It has to be in standard tuning. I really don't want to change my guitar tuning halfway through. I have a capo, though.

- It doesn't matter if it's a pop song. We'll most likely be switching up the arrangement anyway.

So, ideas please? Thanks in advance.
let me get this right...you're headlining a festival ..with 2 original songs..and 2 covers?! and you cant change the tuning of your guitar between songs? oooooooookkk then

play sumat by coldplay - big songs, big sounds, everyone knows them
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
you could do straight to video by Mindless Self Indulgence...with a backing track...the keyboardist can play the synth parts, which are very easy i think.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Hunting for witches-bloc party
keyboardist can play the catchy riff , which is easier to play on keyboard then it is on guitar
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
how about some wolfmother songs..... woman, white unicorn, minds eyes is a good one for a keyboard player.
Quote by irongoat666
1. Acquire 3 sheep (or any other animal for that matter)
2. Spray paint the numbers 1, 2 and 4 on them
3. Set them loose

Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Minds Eye is awesome to do. Easy keyboard and guitar parts. The keyboard solo is just 3 chords. I cant remember which though.
Quote by rock_guitargod
let me get this right...you're headlining a festival ..with 2 original songs..and 2 covers?! and you cant change the tuning of your guitar between songs? oooooooookkk then

play sumat by coldplay - big songs, big sounds, everyone knows them

Well, actually we're planning to do 7 songs, including one extended jam that we'll lead into an open jam.

BTW I think we're gonna do a Wolfmother song. Should be relatively easy, but we're actually looking for a replacement for our keyboardist/vocalist right now. Rather unreliable.
here is a song thats fun to play, upbeat, fast, EASY as HELL and not only half but the ENTIRE audiance will know it:
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl

or Van Halen - Jump, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Running With The Devil
Quote by thedefrockednun
here is a song thats fun to play, upbeat, fast, EASY as HELL and not only half but the ENTIRE audiance will know it:
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl

or Van Halen - Jump, Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, Running With The Devil

Awesome Jet suggestion. Can't believe I didn't think of that earlier.

Can't do Jump without the synth, and I don't have any fancy guitar effects. Basically just a Marshall amp with a footswitch and clean + distortion channels.

Now, I'm stuck between doing Wolfmother and Jet. I suppose Jet would be easier.
YAY he picked MY suggestion WOOHOOOOOOOOO

lol, no seriously jet's is a great song and evry1 will know and love it!
Quote by thedefrockednun
YAY he picked MY suggestion WOOHOOOOOOOOO

lol, no seriously jet's is a great song and evry1 will know and love it!

So I can do two covers. I'm stuck between:

- Lonestar - Amazed
-Nirvana - In Bloom
- Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You (Awesome song, personal preference)
- Wolfmother - Woman, Mind's Eye
- Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl (Easy to play, crowd pleaser, I quite like it too)
- Cranberries - Zombies (We've practiced this a couple of times, so we're all fluent with this one. Crowd pleaser too.)

Some help in choosing please?
Quote by thedefrockednun
id do ozzy and jet!! like that thers a corwd pleaser and a personal pref.

I know. But...

Zombies is also a crowd favourite. And we've practiced it before. Oh man, I'm so indecisive.
than do zombies and jet (definetly do jet, the crowd is gna be baggin u to do an encore lol) believe me it works great
Quote by thedefrockednun
than do zombies and jet (definetly do jet, the crowd is gna be baggin u to do an encore lol) believe me it works great

Oh godddd. I want to do all three. :s But not enough time to practice. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks man.

BTW the setlist will be:

Cover song (probably jet)
Original song featuring a guest singer

BREAK

original songs, cover songs etc. For finale.

But I'm thinking of giving us more time at the start.
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Again - Alice in Chains
Bound for the Floor - Local H
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
Unglued - Stone Temple Pilots
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by JLT73
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Again - Alice in Chains
Bound for the Floor - Local H
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
Unglued - Stone Temple Pilots

Oh no. More songs. More choices. I will die!

Lol.

Well, actually, awesome list. Zero will be too hard for the crowd, I suppose.

And we need something that most people know. So only the Maroon 5 song fits. Hmm.
Quote by thedefrockednun
And Jet!!!!

Yes, but I was referring to the person's suggestions. Lol.

BTW we cancelled one of our originals to do:
Zombies, Are You Gonna Be My Girl and I Just Want You.
Quote by Time Seller
Yes, but I was referring to the person's suggestions. Lol.

BTW we cancelled one of our originals to do:
Zombies, Are You Gonna Be My Girl and I Just Want You.

are those the songs ur gna be playin?