I lol'ed at the first one. Not because its stupid (though wasting money on the ads when real education could be used is), but because the idea was just funny. Mmmmm, snorted brain. The white matter passes the brain blood barrier so smoothly!

Not surprised its from New Zealand.
Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before.

All I'm gonna say,
Drug ads are stupid propaganda,
Marijuana is good for you and should be legalized,
and drug thread.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
the only anti-drug commercials i agree with are the hard ones like these.

and with the first one, my impression is that its coke, which has always made my eyes like friggin pinpoints rather than dialated like that.

oh, and this belongs to the drug thread, but i presonally dont care
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
TS, maybe you should think by yourself instead of deriving opinions from these anti drug adverts.

Those ads aren't "convincing". They're always juiced up and melodramatic; though the facts themselves are quite convincing enough.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at May 18, 2008,
OMG! If I do coke, I'll leave my credit card on a toilet!!!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by spiderjerusalem
the only anti-drug commercials i agree with are the hard ones like these.

I think the soft - hard distinction is stupid applied to drugs. It oversimplifies things, though I suppose that prohibitionist ideology is dependent on making everything a simple moral black vs. white issue, so it plays in to that.

I think that using scare tactics like this are stupid and ineffective. Why not actually talk about the issues and try to do something about them? Oh wait, because intelligent debate isn't what they want. They'd rather let more people become addicted and die and add to the statistics so they can continue to justify the war on drugs.
Quote by bajeda
wtf????

hahaha works for me, Im not doin drugs again after I saw that guy for the first time. lol
Fear appeal has shown to be largely ineffective in things like these...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']TS, maybe you should think by yourself instead of deriving opinions from these anti drug adverts.

Those ads aren't "convincing". They're always juiced up and melodramatic; though the facts themselves are quite convincing enough.
I wasn't saying that these ads persuaded me not to do coke or meth, I'd alrdy made that decision well before I saw these based on my predicament with tobacco. I was just trying to say that these ads are probably the only ones that could ever persuade ANYONE not to do them and are at least a bit more realistic than say a girl seeing her dog talk to her after smoking weed. Don't peg me as one of those people who believes every word of these ads, if that were true I'd still see weed as horribly addictive life-ruining drug. However I know that weed is just a horribly fun, fun increasing plant, one which I enjoy
Gotta love them New Zealanders.

Ahem.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Unfortunately, none of you know the Terrible Truth
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
that ad has NOTHING on this one:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXfvMJ0eVlY

its just insane. its one of only 2 ads that have stayed in my mind...

but that one is by far the worst... when she pulls the trigger at the end, its just the worst...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
People need to realise that we are the kids of the 21st century... I saw a guy jump in front of a train, and all the old people gasped and screamed, while all of the adolescents gathered round for a closer look...

Point is, kids these days are so desensitised to that kind of violent, shocking stuff that we are sort of attacted to it...

Surely I cant be the only one who pops a boner whilst watching a Takashi Miike movie?

Too much info...