Hey guys I was wondering if anybody knew of any good songs to learn by ear, songs that don't have too tricky of chords but also aren't just straight power chords and if they use a capo in the song please say so and which fret it is on, or in a different tuning. Thanks a lot.
Depends on your skill level, just tab out parts that you can figure out
Manchester United
lol, thanks...I'm pretty decent but I just want to work on my ear a little more...I can play most RHCP, John Mayer, and stuff like that if I have the tab in front of me, if that helps
Try simple melodies by ear first. Do something like twinkle twinkle little star.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Ocean by John Butler. That should keep you entertained for a few decades. CGCGCE tuning. Capo on 4.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Ocean by John Butler. That should keep you entertained for a few decades. CGCGCE tuning. Capo on 4.

hahahah oh yeah
whats wrong with power chord rhythms?

doctor doctor - ufo
rock you like a hurricane - scorpions
big city nights - scorpions
in fact every thing the scorpions did
holy diver - dio
heaven and hell - black sabbath

you know, anywhere is a good place to start - and simple power chord rhythms shouldn't be sniffed at. simple doesn't mean bad
Quote by CobenBlack
whats wrong with power chord rhythms?

you know, anywhere is a good place to start - and simple power chord rhythms shouldn't be sniffed at. simple doesn't mean bad

This is the way forward.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
or for something more modern:

Kings Of Leon.

you can basically stick their albums on and play through. It is that easy, and rather fun =)
Quote by fretsonfire74

I think the term for that is something like 'physically impossible'.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I'm currently trying to cover The Leper Affinity by Opeth by ear, it's not that hard but it's a long song, and it's mostly repetative riffs.
how about some indie/rock.
like the hoosiers, or the strokes perhaps.