Hey

I was looking at building a simple TS 9/808 clone (haven't decided which yet :P) from the tonepad scheme and thought, why not and a little switch in there to make it a distortion pedal - So, is there any way i can use their PCB and modify it so that with the flip of a switch i can change it to a distortion pedal...

Also, i think it really wont be possible to use the same circuit with the switch changing the values to make it a modern distortion type of pedal (something high gain) , so maybe i could get a whole new PCB and use the switch just after the on/off switch and basically get a 2 in 1 pedal which has 3 common knobs.

Any suggestions on which pedal i should clone for the distortion section or if i can get away by switching a few components and adding a 2 way mini toggle for those?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
look here .
you can do the clipping mod (adding a switch to select between diode clipping and other type - maybe LEDS for more crunch), and wire a different 'max gain' resistor.
if you use a 3pdt (i think u can actually pull it off with a dpdt) you could probably switch both components with 'a flick of a switch'- adding plenty of gain and changing the clipping type at the same time.

** i haven't done it, just came across those mods while reading useless information at work
I went through that, interesting stuff but i guess...

I was thinking , why not actually go ahead and put together another PCB in the casing and then use a switch to go between the two boards...

So, any suggestions on which distortion pedal i should build along side the TS9?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
bump
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Heres my mod sheet I made a long time ago...Basically if you want it more modern play with the 4.7k resistors and the clipping diodes.

Tube Screamer:

4.7K with lower for more distorsion. 3.3K, 2.7K, 1.5K.
51K for less minimum distorsion. 20K
510K for higher input impedence. 620K for brighter tone.

Make sure all caps are rated at 18V or higher. Try running at 18V, more headroom.
Change 1mF polarized caps to NP caps.
0.22mF tantalum caps with 0.15 tantalum caps, gives tone knob for guitar friendly feel.
0.047mF cap near IC with 0.1mF or 0.22mF, "Phat" boost. Possible a LED with DPDT.
C9 10mF electro, change to tantalum.

Try different op-amps...TLC2272 (no higher than 9V), RC4558P, TL082, JRC4558D. USE SOCKET!

Can try 20K (B) for tone pot, changes taper.

Landgraff clipping mod.DPDT (On-Off-On).

Boost pot (refer to diagram).
if u really want another PCB for distortion, try the DOD 250/dist+ (same circuit)
should be pretty small & simple.

but a modded TS can get pretty gainy
Any clips with the higher gain mods?

I want to see how the character of the sound changes...
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Bump?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000