Eyup all,

these are a few riffs ive come up with. I come up with snippets like this all the time, these are a few that sound similar so ive slapped them together. I would be grateful if you could crit them, ideas about where to go to turn them into a 'song', any ideas, comments welcome. If u think theyre absolute rubbish, tell me- thats the whole point of these things. Just dont go on a mindless swearing rant cause that would be pointless.

thanks jake
Attachments:
Bunch_of_drop_D_Nonsense.zip
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
man the second riff was cool i liked it, sound bit like metallica but i would consider it to be "continuable".The rest are pretty ordinary.The last one was alos nice.But the other 2 ones are ...not bad but too simple i guess.Work on the bass line
First of all, I don't think you should continue with these riffs if you're not 100% sure about them. That would be "forcing" music, which, well, sucks.

Now, about the riffs.
Riff 1:
The drums are horrible. I think you should try to keep it more hard-rock-ish.
The riff itself is pretty nice. Should be used more as an intro than as an actuall riff in my opinion (just like you did).

Riff 2:
Nothing to say about it. Cool riff.

Riff 3:
Well, I guess it can be fine for backing a vocal line, but you should, again, change the percussion. It just makes the riff feel stuck.

Riff 4:
Another cool riff.

The whole thing:
I think it has great potential. Just orginize it well, and change the percussion in the annoying parts.
thanks all- about the drums-- i just made them up on guitar pro. im not a drummer. this might explain a lot about their crappiness and general annoyance. thanks all
ill keep going.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein