Awesome death metal with actual melody in the solos and great riffs

Return To Dust is easily one of the best death metal releases of 21th century

check 'em out
http://www.myspace.com/areskingdom
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Nice! And I see they play a lot of shows with Angelcorpse, never a bad thing. Vocalist sounds a lot like Patrick Mameli.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I'll post here to remind me to check em out in the morning
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
their best songs aren't up there, but any fan of DM should still check them out
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Bumping.

For anyone that lives in western Canada, these guys have just been confirmed for Noctis III, along with Destroyer 666, Slough Feg, and Novembers Doom.

Kick-ass band.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
So i just came back from seeing Ares Kingdom at Noctis. Great show, and after the set Chuck Kehler saw my Order From Chaos shirt and shook my hand! GREAT NIGHT INDEED!
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
So i just came back from seeing Ares Kingdom at Noctis. Great show, and after the set Chuck Kehler saw my Order From Chaos shirt and shook my hand! GREAT NIGHT INDEED!

You lucky bastard

I hate not being 18.

I'm going tonight thought, it's going to ****ing rule.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
checking them out as we speak sounds good, cant wait for the melody haha *oh in the solos, was hoping some of it was embedded in the riffs, we'll see how it goes :P*
Nuclear War Now! is such a great label.

Good stuff Kep.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Excellent band. Hugely underrated around these parts I see. Anyone hear the new one yet!?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Seeing them today
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Good man.

Who are they touring with?
Quote by Penisaur
Good man.

Who are they touring with?

Order From Chaos
Scorched Earth
Gravehill
Warwolves

Not a tour
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
I'm definitely liking what I heard on myspace. That's the kind of death metal I go for, besides progressive or brutal death with melodic soloing.

I'm being a bit vague, but meh.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Bought the new album and tshirt today - tshirt looks deadly. One I got is the 'Angel And Serpents' one.

http://www.ares-kingdom.com/merch.shtml
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Hahah 21th

Listening to Return to Dust now for the first time, pretty tasty stuff here. Reminds me of... hmm, I actually can't pick a band they remind me of at this point. Nice
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Alex Blume also does the vocals in Blasphemic Cruelty, another savage band....
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
El Bumpo for the new album. Killer stuff..
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
This band definitely stands out - been trying to compare them to someone, but cant really think of another band that sound like them.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
That reminds me...I still haven't gotten around to listening to Incendiary, which has been sitting on my "to listen to" pile for a few weeks now..
December 13th, 2010
For Immediate Release

Ares Kingdom Resurrects Slaughter Lord Classic For Upcoming 'Veneration' MCD

Ares Kingdom has returned to their Very Metal Sound studio and pre-production rehearsals for an upcoming release titled 'Veneration,' through NWN! Productions.

Release formats will include mini LP and mini CD.

The selected covers represent a cross-section of Ares Kingdom's influences, as well as a couple of songs from their previous bands, Vulpecula and Nepenthe:

Slaughter Lord - 'Die By Power'
Sacrilege - 'The Captive'
Nepenthe - 'Oblivion'
R.U. Dead? - 'When Your Heart Turns Black'
Vulpecula - 'Celestial'
Dokken - 'Without Warning/Tooth and Nail'

2010 was Ares Kingdom's busiest year yet. It started with two shows opening for the reunited Order From Chaos on January 2nd in Kansas City, and January 16th in Los Angeles.

The L.A. show also marked the release of the band's second full-length album, 'Incendiary' through NWN! Productions. The album has entered its second pressing and is available on LP, CD and 'die hard' picture disc.

The nine-song album, described by guitarist Chuck Keller as, "'Return to Dust' magnified in every respect," was immediately embraced by AK's Chaosmongers, with many reviewers wondering aloud why the band remains so deeply underground.

These early-year shows were followed by an appearance in St. Louis with Zuul and Terra Caput Mundi on March 26th, and then Chicago on March 27th with Order From Chaos. The following weekend Ares Kingdom appeared with Order From Chaos at the Destroying Texas Fest in Houston.

The band played Minneapolis in June, and Baltimore's Defenders of the Old Fest on October 16th with Bloodfeast, Tyrant, October 31st, Extermination Angel and Sentinel Beast.

The year's live appearances culminated on November 20th when Ares Kingdom subdued Berlin along side NWN allies Order From Chaos, Blasphemy, Mystifier, Xibalba, Black Witchery, Proclamation, Blasphemophager, Bone Awl, and Faustcoven - among several others.

www.areskingdom.com
chaosmongers@areskingdom.com
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Wow, that's fantastic news on multiple levels.

Edit: Dang, I initially read that as a new album coming out in 2011 but it's just covers. Still cool though.
Last edited by Penisaur at Dec 12, 2010,
Listening to Firestorms and Chaos right now and I'm getting some serious Megadeth vibes.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Spinning 'Incendiary' this afternoon. Still sounds fresh as ever...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The first few seconds of Firestorm Redemption is quite literally the best way to start an album.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Truth! First time I heard it I didnt have a clue what was going on, until Mike Miller started crushing my brain...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
ARES KINGDOM - The Unburiable Dead (Upcoming Album) Artwork & Title Track Available

Title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0byKgraFeNU&feature=youtu.be

The Unburiable Dead song titles:

Ubique
Nom de Guerre
Salient and Redoubt
Demoralize
Writhe: Fettered to a Corpse
The Unburiable Dead
Stultifera Navis (Armistice and League)

The Unburiable Dead song titles:

Ubique
Nom de Guerre
Salient and Redoubt
Demoralize
Writhe: Fettered to a Corpse
The Unburiable Dead
Stultifera Navis (Armistice and League)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ares-Kingdom/97935152280

http://www.areskingdom.com/
Last edited by S.D. Plissken at Aug 10, 2015,
Well that was underwhelming. Damn shame. Still love those vocals.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
come on dude don't be like that, the new stuff is lame as hell. Old Ares Kingdom is a direct continuation of the killer lightning worthy comparison of Order From Chaos! Chuck Keller is a GOD OF RIFFS! THE ZEUS OF RIFFS!
Quote by severed-metal
come on dude don't be like that, the new stuff is lame as hell.

Honestly, I have not heard any of it. I'll have to get back to you.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
CD out now. From http://www.nwnprod.com/?p=5962 :

(Description by C. Conrad)

Following the release of their monumental second full-length album, “Incendiary,” in 2010, Ares Kingdom took a well-deserved break from recording new material in order to pay homage to some of their primary musical inspirations with the 2013 release of “Veneration,” a collection of various cover songs from the likes Slaughter Lord, R.U. Dead, Sacrilege, Mefisto, and others. The recording of “Veneration” was also seen by the band as an opportunity to experiment with different recording techniques that had not been previously implemented on their earlier original recordings. With an evolved sound that resulted from these sessions, Ares Kingdom then refocused their attention on the writing, rehearsing, and recording of new original material, which has now culminated in their third full-length offering, “The Unburiable Dead,” an album which confirms that the best musical product results from patient and diligent attention to detail.

With much of its musical pedigree having originated and developed from its members’ direct and indirect connections to the legendary Order From Chaos, Ares Kingdom has once again demonstrated its uncanny ability to successfully intertwine exceptional songwriting and musicianship with superior thematic and lyrical content. As with their prior releases, the seven tracks on “The Unburiable Dead” are relentless, scorching examples of metal fire and blood influenced not singularly from one, but instead from several sub-categories of black/death/thrash metal.

Thematically, the lyrics examine and reflect the world-shattering conflagration of the Great War for Civilisation (1914-1918) in brutally stark and agonizing, but equally artful terms. With the opening track, “Ubique” (Latin for “everywhere” and the motto of Britain’s Royal Artillery), the album traces the origins of the war before moving on to reflect the naïve optimism of the war’s early combatants with “Nom de Guerre” and the breakdown of the original ‘war of movement’ into the deadly stalemate and attrition of fortifications and trenches with “Salient and Redoubt.” The fourth track, “Demoralize,” reflects the waste and futility endured by both sides, which is followed by “Writhe: Fettered to a Corpse,” the album’s lone instrumental track with its title derived from a Hindenburg-attributed quote. The final two tracks, “The Unburiable Dead” and “Stultifera Navis (Armistice and League),” recount the final stages of the war, first from the soldier’s entrenched point of view as it lurches to an end, and then with the outbreak of joy and relief on the homefront upon its conclusion, which was ironically followed by the disastrous peace process that ensued.

Nuclear War Now! is proud to conspire again with Ares Kingdom in the release of “The Unburiable Dead” on both LP and CD formats. The artwork appropriately chosen to adorn all versions features “The Pit” by ‘degenerate artist’ George Grosz (1893-1959), whose despair over the destruction, terror, and death that nationalism had brought to his country through this conflict is readily apparent. Other powerful artwork and photographs present in the 12-page CD and 8-page gatefold LP booklets serve as illuminative thematic backdrops for the lyrics featured on each page and include works by American artist Marsden Hartley (1877-1943), British artist Christopher R.W. Nevinson (1889-1946), German artist Otto Engelhardt-Kyffhäuser (1884-1965), and French artist Georges Le Roux (1877-1957). All LP versions also include an A2 poster, and the die-hard edition boasts an additional Ares Kingdom poster flag and sticker.

Full album stream is available here: http://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/the-unburiable-dead-2
Last edited by S.D. Plissken at Sep 16, 2015,