Is there such a thing, cause if there is i need it, and in lefty. Basically im looking for a versatile guitar which is available in LEFTY. And dont say switch cause ive been playing 5 years ;p. Anywa only think i got so far which seems what im looking for is the ibanez rg1570l, obviously i would swap the pickups out for bareknuckles. But it seems that it would cope with thick gibson neck pup leads, to agressive metal leads, and would it get twangy funk rhythm. Like chic and stuff. Anyway is there any other guitars that people can think of, maybe jacksons or something which are versatile. Bearing in mind i could swap pups, and get coil splits and maybe a mid boost of something. Anyway guys... ill leave it to you, youve proberly got far more ideas than me!
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Ibanez S series- Floating trem, thin neck, H-S-H pickup config

Best bet in that I'd say, or anything else with H-S-H or S-S-H pickup config
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
My Strat is pretty versatile.. You could get the HSS American Strat and I think that would serve you really well.. Use the humbucker (or trade it out for w/e) for your metal leads.. I can't help ya with the gibson thing, but it'd be perfect for the funk.. PM me if you want some more info on the Strats..
What is your budget and location? Cus you can perhaps get a Carvin made for you.
agree'd with guy above, im after an Ibanez S series, the one im after (SAS36FM) has 2 single coils and a duo bucker at the bridge, which can be used as either a single coil or a humbucker, wihich gives a lot of versatility..
hope all goes well
Jon
thats why i was thinking RG prestige, cause the bigger body surely means more sustain.
hhhhm i just always seemed to prefer the RGs over the S just due to their bigger bodys, like playing les paul dont really bother me like weight wise. But i dont really want a strat, aslong as i can get a good single coil neck pickups sound (gilmour like) then thats fine. But i also like the humbucker neck sound alot.

And i live in england, and depending on how good the guitar is my budget is anything up to around £700 including pups. And i looked into getting custom, legra quoted me around £1400
Check the new Ibanez SV series, it will blow your mind of the tonal posibilities...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
hhm to be honest guys im not really to bothered about the electronics since i can upgrade them. Like coil splits and all that stuff, more looking about best playability, best wood, best neck etc. More the bones of the guitar. And whats the difference besides body thickness on the S and RG series. And why is the S always more expensive?
guys by the way i heard people saying the S have very thin necks are they as thin as the wizards
Quote by SquirrelJonGoff
agree'd with guy above, im after an Ibanez S series, the one im after (SAS36FM) has 2 single coils and a duo bucker at the bridge, which can be used as either a single coil or a humbucker, wihich gives a lot of versatility..
hope all goes well
Jon

Thats an SA series, not an S.

As for S being more expensive, it might be due to the ZR trem being more expensive to manufacture(don't quote me on that one) or it takes longer to shape the body due to it being thick in the middle and thin at the edges. Also if I'm not mistaken , mahogany is more expensive a wood than Alder/basswood/ whatever is used on RGs.

Only downside to the S series is it is not a 24 fret neck (unless you look at the top of the line prestige)
Quote by Varkunus
guys by the way i heard people saying the S have very thin necks are they as thin as the wizards

They are Wizard II necks on them.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
hhm i would really want 24 frets, and yeah i played my teachers prs mccarty, and sure it sounded immense. It almost sounded as loud as an accoustic un amped, but i didnt really think the playability was anything special, but there again im lefty and was playing it flipped. And is basswood better than mahag? Cause i find my current guitar (iommi SG) to be a little bit to dull in a band situation, and would like something with a bit more kick to stand out in a band with another guitar. But i dont really like alder as i find it to bright
There's pretty much no way you'd be able to get a PRS under £3000 anyways.

Have a look at Schecters, they have a good selection of lefty's.....and I may have one for sale
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Your amp and effects are going to have a much bigger impact then the guitar in most cases. If you can't get the range of versatility with any half decent guitar, then odds are changing guitar won't help. Depending on what equipment you have for that, you may get a wider range from a good multi-effects processor or amp rather than a new guitar.

The guitar does help, certainly, a H-S-H guitar with coil splits is going to have a wider tonal range then a guitar with one bridge humbucker, but no guitar is going to give you massive distortion if you don't have the amp equipment in the first place. You aren't going to get a nice clean chorus sound, if you don't have a chorus in the first place, etc.
Quote by yogurt_overdose

Have a look at Schecters, they have a good selection of lefty's.....and I may have one for sale

I'm not sure how much the markup ends up being for PRS, but he could literally fly to the US and buy a PRS Mira for less than that.
Quote by yogurt_overdose

really? my friend got his prs custom 12 or something with bird eye maple for around 1500 usd.
1997 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 w/ birds
1999 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 top w/ birds
2006 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 10 top w/ birds

these.
like i said im not a huge prs fan, and anyway ive got a HH guitar at moment, and was just wanting something which could get more stratty tones really, and have better overall quality and a floyd. As far as single coil distortion goes i just really like the gilmour sound on comfortably numb solo, and besides that just a nice sorta chic (crazy disco band) sound for single coil rhythm, nice sharp attack. And maybe split bridge for twang
Quote by Matheau
I'm not sure how much the markup ends up being for PRS, but he could literally fly to the US and buy a PRS Mira for less than that.

I meant a left handed PRS
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
hhhm like i said there not really my thing
anyway whats the difference between S and RGs? Tonally and playability wise

Get a Schecter C1+ with some real duncans.
Last edited by AugenbraueZug at May 18, 2008,