Hey guys, I posted a thread not long ago about an array of pedals I wanted to get, but noticed lately that I don't want to limit myself too much to a pedalboard, because I play a LOAD of styles.

I came back to wanting the H&K Switchblade, but really don't want to give up my Marshall TSL JCM2000 Combo.

And I've been wondering if I can hit two birds with one stone, and just use my marshalls speakers as a 212 cabinet for whenever I want to use the switchblade, and when I need that marshall tone back, I'll just plug back into the marshall preamp.

Unlike most combo amps now, the marshall does have an external plug that runs into a speaker jack on the back panel, the speakers take 16 Ohms to power according to the manual, would I be able to just put in 16 ohms from the switchblade into the speakers?

thanks in advance, you guys are always a great help

I'm also going to provide the manual URL if anyone wants to see it, speaker impedimence and other things are on page 5, numbers 3&4

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/TSL100s%20hbk.pdf

-mike
You probably could, but doesn't the TSL have the marshall 'goldback' speakers? If it does, I wouldn't even bother, they're straight from MGs and sound horrible.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It does sound like it would work, providing the Switchblade uses 16 ohms.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
yeah, thats what i figured but i thought I'd come to you guys about it, I've never heard of someone extending a head through a combo amps speakers, but it would be the best option for me at this moment

and noooo, no goldbacks man, its got a Celestion Vintage and a Celestion Heritage, good speakers

I got the speaker outputs from H&K for the switchblade they say:

"Speaker Outputs: 1x 4 Ohms, 1x 8 Ohms/2x 16 Ohms, 1x16 Ohms"

sounds like it should work, and would I use the 2x16 or 1x16?
Last edited by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn at May 18, 2008,
The TSL's don't have Heritage and Vintage Celestions. They have Marshall Wolverines. At least, my buddies does, and the ones that musiciansfriend offers.

I still think the wolverines sound pretty good though.

The JVMs have Heritage and Vintage speakers.
maybe the newer ones that were bought out, mine was bought a couple years ago and im sure of the speakers since I've had the tubes changed and had to remove the back plate.

the jvms in my opinion are following the example set by the DSL and TSL line in many areas
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
maybe the newer ones that were bought out, mine was bought a couple years ago and im sure of the speakers since I've had the tubes changed and had to remove the back plate.

the jvms in my opinion are following the example set by the DSL and TSL line in many areas

Really? In what regards? I'm curious.

I think the JVM is the next logical step up from the JCM2000's. Mine just seems to have a better sound, than the JCM's I have heard, and the JCM's are what I would visit regularly at the music store, so I've heard plenty.

Add in the multiple master volumes, and the memory footswitch and the package is unbeatable.
I do agree that in many terms the JVMs are a step up from the JCMs, its just the family tree in my opinion brings the JCM's as the parents of the JVM's

One thing I haven't done yet that I'm looking forward to is pluggin in a strat and cranking a JVM's clean channel and crunch, the JCM's have pure bliss in clean and crunch, and I have no idea how Marshall could make it sound even better, but I'm looking forward to being surprised

butttt not to stray off topic, back to the real question, do you guys believe that playing the Switchblade head through the marshall's speakers will work if theyre both 16 ohm ins and outs?
That would work just fine I do it all the time my self with a twin.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd