I was curious about when to learn new scale material, and how to spend time on certain scales.

For about 5 days now I am finishing up on learning the E major scale. I spend 1 hour every day doing scale material, memorizing theory, improving speed,ect. What would be good practice routine for practicing a scale every day?

When should I learn a new scale, or in other words should I learn 2 at a time. Should I be able to play a certain scale fast or very proficient before I learn new scale?
To practice a scale you could make a backing track in the key of the scale your working on in guitar pro, power tab etc and then improvise to it using the scale.

Don't try and learn more than one scale at a time because it'll get confusing and you should learn a new scale when you want to learn more ways of composing riffs, improvising etc or when you start to get bored with the theory you already know.

Hope I helped.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by nin3donian
I was curious about when to learn new scale material, and how to spend time on certain scales.

For about 5 days now I am finishing up on learning the E major scale. I spend 1 hour every day doing scale material, memorizing theory, improving speed,ect. What would be good practice routine for practicing a scale every day?

When should I learn a new scale, or in other words should I learn 2 at a time. Should I be able to play a certain scale fast or very proficient before I learn new scale?

Just concentrate on the major scale for the time being, don't tie it down to a particular key so much...just learn about the scale itself.

Don't worry about speed either, that's not what scales are for - concentrate on understanding the scale - learn to recognise the sounds of the intervals, see how the chord progression relates to the scale and learn how specific scale degrees can perform specific functions both within an individual chord and within a whole song.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com