I've made my own guitar - a Jaguar inspired guitar. I've rigged it with a dimarzio superdistortion at the bridge and a dimarzio paf at the neck. The wiring diagram for the Jaguar says that you should use 1 meg ohm pots for the volume and tone of the main circuit. So I did. The guitar has an incredibly nice sound, but when I turn down the volume of the main circuit, I only have to turn it a little bit (from 10 to 8, according to the knob) before all sound disappears. Is there something I could do that will make the range a little larger, so that the volume isn't turned off, until the pot is completely counter-clockwise, but will keep the clear, trebly sound from the 1 meg ohm pot?

Thanks
Sounds like you used the wrong kind of pot for the volume. Check that it's Logarithmic rather than Linear (I believe that's the correct way around...)
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
yeah, you have it the right way around

you used a linear pot
you should have used a logarithmic pot

humans hear logarithmically (in order for something to be twice as loud, you need to multiply the output by 10), a linear pot is the other way around, twice as loud, multiply by 2.
Call me Dan

Gear:
2015 Les Paul Studio - Wine Red
Ibanez SA120 (black)
Marshall MG100HDFX
Custom Les Paul (work in progress)
About 10 other guitars and a big pedalboard. lol