http://www.music123.com/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar-515169-i1372105.Music123

What do you guys think of this guitar? Any other recommendations in the same price range? Any bad experiences with it?

Give me all the feedback you can.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by stephen_rettie
if its specs are anything to go by its aweful

Which specs? The ones I see are pretty normal.
Dave Mustain is Philly Flyers fan. What does that say? The guitar is dirty, cheap, and cant keep its streets clean. LETS GO PENS!
Quote by SixString1989
Dave Mustain is Philly Flyers fan. What does that say? The guitar is dirty, cheap, and cant keep its streets clean. LETS GO PENS!

**** yea dude!
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Its not for me its for a beginner friend of mine who wants to play thrash, why is everyone bashing it? Can you give me details instead of just saying don't buy it?

Quote by breakstuff
Its not for me its for a beginner friend of mine who wants to play thrash, why is everyone bashing it? Can you give me details instead of just saying don't buy it?

Sure! I guess his price range is around $300? Does he already have an amp? The real reason i wouldnt get that guitar is its just crappy quality. I suggest this peavey. I have always though Peaveys bang for the buck on its guitars was unmatched. Especially by it BXP Grind bass line. I have used Peavey amps my whole life and have owned a EXP guitar and loved it, And I still own a Grind 4 string.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Predator-Plus-EXP-Guitar?sku=511368
Last edited by SixString1989 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by SixString1989
Sure! I guess his price range is around $300? Does he already have an amp? The real reason i wouldnt get that guitar is its just crappy quality. I suggest this peavey. I have always though Peaveys bang for the buck on its guitars was unmatched. Especially by it BXP Grind bass line. I have used Peavey amps my whole life and have owned a EXP guitar and loved it, And I still own a Grind 4 string.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Predator-Plus-EXP-Guitar?sku=511368

THX, and what's with the sarcastic SURE!

Devit, Thanks for your recommendation as well.

Yeah, go for the low end Jackson JS30KV. The Dean VMNTX will be pretty bad. Only the higher end VMNT1 is worth buying.

And tell your friend to make sure he's comfortable with V shaped guitars before he buys one. They can be somewhat uncomfortable to play while sitting down and thats particularly not good for a beginner.
Less than £450 DEAN = A **** dean
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
According to Mustaine it's the "Best guitar I've ever held."

His BC Rich Bich stomps on it.
Quote by metal Lover

Well, he's using the $5000 USA made VMNT...

Not this one.
A signature guitar for 300 bucks, hmmm...
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects:
- Zoom G2.1U
- Digitech Hot Head
Quote by devit
becouse low end deans are built by monkeys

Something I learned the hard way...

Seriously, dont buy it.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by metalman89
Well, he's using the $5000 USA made VMNT...

Not this one.

His old BC Rich Bich still stomps it.
Quote by breakstuff

It's a cheap, low end, failed attempt at a beginner guitar. It's also a major step down from your RR3, and the quality is probably terrible.

If you're interested in the VMNT models, go for the higher end models.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by metal Lover

there you go... its the best guitar he's ever HELD.
I would get the VMNT1 i mean live wires, and ebony fretboard (i think), worth it.
I heard those stock deans on the vmntx are super ****-tastic, and it has a bolt on neck, not a problem for me, buy id rather have set.
I could never have one of those guitars... I would break off one of those sharp tips in no time and then would proceed to cry for weeks.
You'd be better off getting the ESP LTD V-200.

It's slightly more expensive but going from the Deans and ESP LTD's I've played, it will probably be better.

And it practically is Dave Mustaines old low end signature model.