I love my palomino's od, but its clean is not as outstanding (not bad at all, but not amazing). I have major GAS for a fender amp to get me those clean sounds.

I'm thinking about either a
Pro Junior(like new)
Super 60(used)
Blues Jr(used)
Old Champ(used)
Super Champ XD (not looking as good right now).

Which do you think is best for cleans on a budget?

I could get all but the blues jr for 200, and the blues jr for 300 or so.

I don't think I'm going to want to spend 300 on a dedicated clean amp, so I'm leaning away from the blues jr.
Last edited by saltysnail at May 18, 2008,
The Pro Junior has very nice cleans, but the "old champ" would probably be the way to go if you mean a vintage champ.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
The Pro Junior has very nice cleans, but the "old champ" would probably be the way to go if you mean a vintage champ.

+1
I would get a the Blues Jr. and save up a little more and get a Maxon OD-9
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Go for the vintage champ, then.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
If you can get a Super 60 for under $200, jump on it. However, 60 tube watts is freakin' loud.
The Pro Junior is also a great deal if you do not want/new reverb on the amp.
I've jammed with a guy with a Blues Jr and the cleans are outstanding. This guy gigs with his Blues Jr by mic'ing the speaker. He gets a great sound out of it without killing everyone with the stage volume.
Played a Super Champ in a pawn shop once. It seemed to break up very early -- didn't stay clean for long. It may have been a mistreated amp (although it looked great).

I love Fender cleans.