So, yeah. Out with my digital Spider, I'd like to move to a more professional rig.

Right now, my rig is
Guitar > Roland rackmount delay > Boss OC-2 (octave) > Peavey Heritage tube amp

I don't want to skimp, but I'm only 14 and can't make a whole lot of money right now. I can spend about...$200 at most, and as such, will be looking to buy used locally.

Here's what I want:
Wah (looked at Dunlop, Rocktron, and Danelectro)
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff (decided on this for my metal distortion, my amp doesn't get driven enough for metal)
EQ (pretty set on Danelectro Fish n Chips, will take other suggestions)
Comp (have no idea what's what here...)

I am definitely getting a pedal case from Rondo Music, because of the awesome combination of price and reliability.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
rondos cases dont double as pedalboards do they?
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
If you play gigs, then your amp will get driven for metal. Get a Digitech Bad Monkey OD.

MXR Dynacomp maybe?

Look into Fulltone, RMC and Budda wahs.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Well, the rackmount delay is a good option, I'm not brilliant in knowing a lot about the Roland, but can you choose mroe than two presets? Regardless. The EHX Octave Multiplexer is 10 times better than the OC-2 but still, it that should do fine. For a wah, I would look at a DUnlop 535Q or an RMC Picture Wah, awesome pedals. In terms of distortion, a Rocktron Zombie rectified Distrtion is pretty awesome, as is a Maxon Sonic Distortion. Also the Pigtronix Polysaturator is pretty awesome. As an EQ, I would look at an overdrive pedal instead, there are trillions of boutique overdrives which I suggest you look at. For a compressor, Maxon make a good one. Demeter and Barber compressors are also good, as is the MXR Dyna Comp. I personally hate compression though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
rondos cases dont double as pedalboards do they?

http://www.rondomusic.com/pedalcases.html
If you play gigs, then your amp will get driven for metal. Get a Digitech Bad Monkey OD.

MXR Dynacomp maybe?

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been really interested in Fulltone.
you could maybe save yourself a few bucks and buy a couple of Behringer pedals for the small stuff like a 7-band EQ, dynamic comp, noise gate, etc.
Originally Posted by Death_switch
Why would anyone learn to read braille through sight? This reminds me of a vending machine I saw with braille on the buttons. I mean what's the point if you can't see what the buttons correspond with?
Last edited by valhallawaitsme at May 18, 2008,
Quote by rhcp_freak

MXR Dynacomp maybe?

Don't waste your money on a BAd Mokney, I've had several fights about this, and he would be better off saving the extra 100 dollars for something consistent, that doesn't sound like **** on stick on the clean channel.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well, the rackmount delay is a good option, I'm not brilliant in knowing a lot about the Roland, but can you choose mroe than two presets? Regardless. The EHX Octave Multiplexer is 10 times better than the OC-2 but still, it that should do fine. For a wah, I would look at a DUnlop 535Q or an RMC Picture Wah, awesome pedals. In terms of distortion, a Rocktron Zombie rectified Distrtion is pretty awesome, as is a Maxon Sonic Distortion. Also the Pigtronix Polysaturator is pretty awesome. As an EQ, I would look at an overdrive pedal instead, there are trillions of boutique overdrives which I suggest you look at. For a compressor, Maxon make a good one. Demeter and Barber compressors are also good, as is the MXR Dyna Comp. I personally hate compression though.

Thanks for helping me out! My delay has 4 onboard presets.
Get the metal muff. Great pedal. As for wah you can find a used original crybaby for a good price. As for the eq please consider the MXR M-109 6-Band Graphic EQ. Don't skimp and get the danelectro cuz you'll end up regretting it and replacing it anyway. Id skip thew comp for the eq anyway.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by valhallawaitsme
you could try getting some Behringer pedals, they're cheap. i've tried a few, they're worth the price.

And they last like a month.
Quote by IncubusMan999
Don't waste your money on a BAd Mokney, I've had several fights about this, and he would be better off saving the extra 100 dollars for something consistent, that doesn't sound like **** on stick on the clean channel.

The bad monkey sounds pretty good on a clean channel.

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Quote by thedude97
And they last like a month.

ah, yeah i wouldnt know.
i fiddled with a couple at a local shop i dont own one so i wouldnt know how long they would last.
Why would anyone learn to read braille through sight? This reminds me of a vending machine I saw with braille on the buttons. I mean what's the point if you can't see what the buttons correspond with?
Quote by umbrellacorp
The bad monkey sounds pretty good on a clean channel.

Must I get into another argument? I tried the Bad Monkey for two one hour sessions and I could not get one decent sound out of it in that period of time, it is a cheap overdrive, good for the prcie, but you get what you pay for, ****.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999

1. you're comparing it to stuff that's triple the price.
2. it doesn't sound as bad as you're saying. for use as a clean boost, it's a decent pedal.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
FYI- I don't really need an overdrive pedal, my amp's overdrive is fine. I wanted something for prog metal that I could put in front of my clean channel and let it rip...I decided on the metal muff, which I think does the best job for what I want. If there are any other metal distortion pedals that don't sound fizzy and tinny, please tell me.
You want a more professional rig but you're looking at danelectro crap and you want to spend 200 dollars most on the complete set..

if you want a professional rig it'll be more like 200 bux a pedal.
It shines when used for boosting the drive channel of an amp, it's better than anything in the price range, I've heard of people preferring it to Tubescreamers because you can control the amount of mid-hump.

Maybe look into that Seymour Duncan twin tube mayhem thing? I've heard good stuff, and there's videos on youtube.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by TechnicolorType
You want a more professional rig but you're looking at danelectro crap and you want to spend 200 dollars most on the complete set..

Professional...as in more professional that a 30 watt Spider. And also, I said I was buying used...and I don't need a chock-full pedal board. I want to keep things relatively simple.
Quote by TechnicolorType

I think he meant more professional than a spider. Thats not hard to do but stay away from the danelectro.

^beaten to it

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Quote by TechnicolorType

anythings more professional than a spider IMO.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
1. you're comparing it to stuff that's triple the price.
2. it doesn't sound as bad as you're saying. for use as a clean boost, it's a decent pedal.

As I said, I don't wanna get into another argument, you have your opinion, and I'll have mine. I think you were in the other thread that I argued in, I recognise, and I don't wanna go through that again. If i compared it to something like a Boss OD-1, an overdrive that does the job, but not brilliantly, it kicks the crap out of the Bad Monkey. The Bad Monkey is cheap, i said that, but you are getting EXACTLY what you pay for, a hunk of junk on the clean channel from my eprosnal first-hand experience and a semi-decent, adequate gain booster.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
yeah, but danelectro isn't much better then a spider.

if you want some decent gear, just save up rather then going for cheap stuff.

makes it funner to get a new one that way anyway :X