I'm not sure if this is where this goes, but oh well:

I need help setting up a video blog. I guess youtube would be fine. But I'm having problems just uploading the video, even to my computer. It comes off my camera in .mov format. Where can I get a free program (that doesnt contain adware/spyware and isnt a free trial) That can can convert that to whatever file it is that youtube uses(?) and maybe also has a file size compressor?

Thanks for any help
Current Status: A complete noob who is learning the basics on his first guitar.
If you have Quicktime Pro you can compress it there. I am pretty sure that Youtube accepts .mov file types. However, if you do need to convert it, then check out media-convert. Just type that into google. It's a free, online convertor.

By the way, wrong forums. I know this stuff because I have a video blog of my own.
Quote by gtwosaints
If you have Quicktime Pro you can compress it there. I am pretty sure that Youtube accepts .mov file types. However, if you do need to convert it, then check out media-convert. Just type that into google. It's a free, online convertor.

By the way, wrong forums. I know this stuff because I have a video blog of my own.

Well I wasn't sure where to put it in =/
Current Status: A complete noob who is learning the basics on his first guitar.