I was just wondering if a guitar with an OFR stays in tune better than a regular bridge. It seems like a stupid question even to me but I'm still wondering
Yes but it takes longer to tune and set up. Also if you break a string the guitar goes comepletely out of tune so have a backup for a gig. They are completely worth it though.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

the staying in tuen on OFRs comes mainly from the locking nut..so technically if you have any bridge but install a lokcing nut or locking tuners then it should be similar
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
what is a OFR.? sorry for my stupidity..
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone SG Vibrato
Santana Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Mini Twin
Jim Donlup Cry Baby

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
original floyd rose. LFR is licensed floyd rose (not made by them but is "licensed" by them)
floyds stay in tune very well.. your headstock could break off and it will still stay in tune.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by boxerb
I was just wondering if a guitar with an OFR stays in tune better than a regular bridge. It seems like a stupid question even to me but I'm still wondering

yeah man, in my opinion, a floyd rose is the best way to go.
i have one on my dean, and it rarely gets out of tune.
the only problem is when i want to change tunings, it takes a while, unless the tuning isn't that much of a drastic change (like drop d) where you can use the fine tuning knobs at the bridge.

Quote by boxerb
What about the sustain with an ofr?

yeah, the sustain isn't as long as it would be without it, but that really just depends on the brands and stuff (you can talk to your guitar dealer about what would be best for you).
if you're gonna play stuff like floyd with long bended notes and stuff, i might recommend to just use a normal bridge. but for faster paced music or anything that would require whammy bar usage i would say the FR is the way to go.

EDIT: and one last thing, if you do decide to get one, make sure you learn how to properly use it and change strings, or have someone show you. i didn't and i tried changing strings and I had to take in my whole guitar to get repaired (in other words, I got owned)
there's a ton of information on the net (like the official FR site, or youtube vids) that show you how, or ask someone that knows what they're doing!!
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
Last edited by Peacefrog Hotel at May 18, 2008,
Thanks for the help, guys.
Right now I'm trying to decide between a hellraiser with/without a fr or a blackjack with/without a fr
Hey guys I have a JS1000 and changed the strings 3 days ago at guitar center. Now when I divebomb, everything stays tuned down a bunch and if I pull up It'll pull it back into tune. Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks.
bump

Ive tuned it a bunch of times now and keep stretching them with the whammy bar then retuneing. but when i divebomb or pull up the still stay out of tune when i let go of the whammy bar.