Hi, I am putting together a rack system. I currently have a Randall RT-2/50 power amp, ADA MP-1 pre-amp and a Furman Pl 8II Conditioner into an Avatar 2x12 with V30s.

I am looking to get an effects unit next.
Looking for opinion on whether to get a used Rocktron Intellifex or Xpression, a G Major or.... a Pod Pro or GT Pro.

Of the first group, I am leaning towards the Xpression,

but,

If I buy one of the latter, I could use without the amp models turned on and although the effects aren't quite to par with a true effects processor, it would give me backup for my preamp if it goes out.

I was already planning on eventually buying a pod or gt pro anyhow, but need an effects unit first regardless.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?? Hate to buy something I don't need.
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live
Anyone got an opinion?
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Pod X3live
Although I've actually heard very good things about the G Major, a lot of people also tell me it just gets by on the budget and its difficult to program. I know a lot of people like pairing up with the Xpression with Mesas, and I hear the Xpresssion's are much easier to use.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Thanks, I think it is between the expression/ intellifex or Pod pro
Pod X3live
I reccommend the Digitech GSP 1101. I know my opinion is bias because I have one, but I want through both a TC electronics G major and a Pod Pro and the Digitech was the best and had the most capibilities and the best sound quality. My experience also is that digitech's amp models are much better than Line 6's. Seeing that you are ruinning a tube power amp with a Modeling preamp, you want the best sound from your preamp.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
personally the TC Electronic G Force is the only multi I would ever consider using, but those are pretty expensive. the Rocktron xpression is pretty good, still pretty digital sounding, but probably as good as you'll get in that price range.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well you already have a pre amp so a Pod would half useless to you (they're preamps as well as effects units), so I would go with the G-Major.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Thanks for the input, I will research a few of the options suggested and proceed.

Probably should have clarified, the Pod Amp models would be purely for a backup in case MP-1 has an issue, really happy with the MP-1 (modded).

Thnks, Tom
Pod X3live
I notice you have an XT Live, just keep that as your backup (it's a preamp too).

The POD rack stuff is pretty good, but TC electronics are better. Especially considering you have a really decent preamp.

Just my 2 cents
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster