I have an acoustic guitar that sounds amazing, but when I strum on the 13th fret, the action is so low that the string hits the 14th fret wire and makes that pitch. I was wondering if I needed to adjust the truss rod to fix it, and if so, which way.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Take it to a shop and ask them to check your neck relief -- the margin of error with a truss rod can be very small and unforgiving. If you have any doubts, get a professional to look at it. You may find that your saddle is too low, in which case you can shim it, but if you're guitar sounds really good, it would be better to replace it with one the right size.
Personally, I would first attempt filing down the bridge to improve the acton, as adjusting the truss rod can be tricky and not always necessary.
Yeah, I turned it two quarters turns to the left, but I got too freaked that soimething might happen, so I cam to UG to get advice. As soon as I have 40 bucks, I'm gettin that bitch setup.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
You shouldn't just turn your truss rod like that in future. It's suicide especially if you don't know what you're doing. Don't touch it for a while and let it set in overnight and play it tomorrow. If it needs more setting up I'd recommend you take it to a shop and ask the guy to show you what he's doing.

If you're expecting the truss rod to adjust any of the frets from the point that the neck joins to the body onward to the highest numbered fret of the fretboard, better forget it. None can do this. The effective area of the truss rod is from the nut to about the 14th fret, and that's it. It won't move the nut and it won't move the 14th fret, but it will bow the neck inward or give it back bow outward along the middle of that distance.
It sounds like you have a hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body. This is fairly common on lower end guitars. Either bring it in and have it all setup, or shim up your bridge saddle a little. Either way, it's not something that cranking on the truss rod is going to fix.
If its an issue at the saddle do yourself a favour and just buy a new saddle, theyre like 5 bucks and work so much better than shimming up your existing saddle.