ok i play mostly Drop C and D Standard so what gauge do you guys think would work best?
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
if your guitar's neck can handle it, try progressing from 11-50 like they've said to these eventually

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DR-Strings-TiteFit-Jeff-Healey-Electric-Guitar-Strings-Medium?sku=105243

at first it'll seem pretty tough to play but for metal (if that is what you play) the sound is so much better.

btw, i use these because i read about alexi laiho using them, and he plays in drop C. turns out that the set is great for standard D as well. so i wasn't randomly picking the heaviest set possible.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at May 18, 2008,
i'd personally use 10-52. bottom heavy strings for heavier sounds and easier bending on thinner strings
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
diadario xl lights thats what i use for D standard
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
i use similar tuneings to you and i use heavy 10's, u still get the speed and bends of light strings and you get the low tone and heaviness
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC