After buying a Orange 1x12 from eBay, the information about the cab was the Orange splurb found on many music websites.

PPC112
Design Guitar
Power Handling 100 watts
Speaker Configuration 1 X 12
Speaker Type Celestion Vintage 30
Impedance 16 Ohms
Input Type 1/4" Jack
Grill Cloth Basket Weave

But after opening up the cab I found that it was fitted with a G12T-75. Are these two speakers similar? Orange now fit their PPCs with theses speakers and was wondering whether it will make any real difference not having a V30. I play mostly classic rock, blues, usual stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
G12T-75s are much different sounding than V30s. They have a bigger low end, but can get a little loose sounding, so you need a very tight amp to keep it tight sounding. V30s have a mid spike and can get pretty harsh sounding in the upper frequences.

I like the G12T-75s more for lower-gain stuff than I do V30s, but for the stuff you're playing, I think I'd rather have something like Greenbacks.

I'd suggest you try out a cab with both before you buy it if you can with your amp. I didn't really like the sound of the G12T-75s with my 5150 at all, but with my Mark IV, they sound really good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dont know if they are the same or not, but when i got my jubilee it was advertised as having v30 speakers, these are what came with it

Quote by scottish nutter
dont know if they are the same or not, but when i got my jubilee it was advertised as having v30 speakers, these are what came with it

Yes, that's a Vintage 30.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The G12T-75 is designed more for higher gain applications, but overall it's pretty similar to the V30. It's not a bad speaker by any means. If anything, I think the V30 is overrated.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, that's a Vintage 30.
That is a V30, but not a true 60 watt Celestion V30. Marshall uses 70 watt V30's that are made in cooperation with Celestion. Which is why the 1960V 4x12's are rated at 280 watts (70x4), not 240 watts (60x4). Mesa has also started to use these 70 watt V30's. Not many people know this.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
That is a V30, but not a true 60 watt Celestion V30. Marshall uses 70 watt V30's that are made in cooperation with Celestion. Which is why the 1960V 4x12's are rated at 280 watts (70x4), not 240 watts (60x4). Mesa has also started to use these 70 watt V30's. Not many people know this.

it sound a lot different from the celestion v30 i have in my dsl401, i put the v30 from the dsl in to the jubilee and tried 1 speaker at a time and the v30 from the dsl sounded lot brighter and better, do speakers degrade after time?
thanks
Quote by scottish nutter
it sound a lot different from the celestion v30 i have in my dsl401, i put the v30 from the dsl in to the jubilee and tried 1 speaker at a time and the v30 from the dsl sounded lot brighter and better, do speakers degrade after time?
thanks
I wouldn't say they degrade, but they do get broken in over time. This can cause the speaker to sound and feel looser, because it's breaking up faster. You can also hear more highs and midrange, sometimes more lows with a broken in speaker.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Would an amp that is voiced pretty highly (Laney VH 100R) sound better with V30s or the G12T-75s?
Sig What?
Quote by jamesfarr
Nope, this isn't vintage 30. many people get confused between the marshall jubilee vintage celestion and the vintage 30.

Thanks for bumping a 2 month old thread to let us know that. I know everyone was just dying to hear it
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by darth awsome
Would an amp that is voiced pretty highly (Laney VH 100R) sound better with V30s or the G12T-75s?

Neither, something with more bass would better, e.g. Classic Lead, G12K-100
Quote by MatrixClaw
Thanks for bumping a 2 month old thread to let us know that. I know everyone was just dying to hear it

well if he is right then im glad he did
I've had experience with both speakers, though with different amps so I can't really give a fair comparison. All I know is, the G12T-75 has more clarity on the high end, bigger bass and a dip in the mid range. They can sound harsh and brittle if the amp isn't tight and is EQ'ed with too much treble. The bottom end can sound flabby and lose easily if the amp isnt good.

The Vintage 30 is much smoother and more vocal due to a spike in the midrange. The bass I think is more focussed though it doesnt osund quite a big. It's an overall warmer and smoother sounding speaker I think.

I had a G12T-75 in my Marshall JCM2000 DSL401, my new Cornford Hurricane has a Vintage 30. the Cornford is just a MUCH MUCH better amp than the DSL anyway as it's voiced perfectly and never sounds harsh. Though in a different amp with this speaker it could be a diff story i guess but it seems to work wonders in my Hurricane.
Quote by scottish nutter
well if he is right then im glad he did

There's no such thing as a "Marshall Jubilee Vintage Celestion." It's a specially made for Marshall, 70W Vintage 30 speaker.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com