Page 1 of 2
Today I visited one of the biggest guitar stores in my town to check for my GF's bass guitar - you know the usual - the frets the pickups the wood the money etc. I've found the bass she's been looking for and requested to try it. First the seller refused to let me try the bass and after few minutes in arguing I managed to try it. All the time he was glancing furiously at me (menstruation possibly, be he was a man). I plug in, and start playing. Most of the frets buzzed very nasty and the bridge was very high and difficult to play. (the bass is worth 1200$ ) I told the seller that the frets buzzed alot, he said they not, I showed him, he said they not.... After a second I've found myself on the floor in front of the shop.

So I wanted to know If you have experienced any kind of rudeness while checing or buying guitars or related stuff. Damn that ****ed up my whole day
LOL WUT?

no seriously though that confused me...
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by metaldud536
But they not fret buzz!

Well played.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
The one bad Guitar shop I go to (One of Three), Dolphin Music, The Staff are bitches, they won't let one try a Guitar unless you have enough money on you to buy it. And it one looks at Amps, turning the knobs and such, they say stuff like "Would you not do that? *Anger*"

They are bitchy old men.

/Rant
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
well.. im not sure what your on about.
but one time in a Music Go Round, i wanted to try a Gibson ES-335, and so i asked him to get it down for me. and he goes "we cant let you play it. we dont let people try our guitars."
so im like wtf?!?!

after some arguing, he let me HOLD it and look at it.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by benjy118
The one bad Guitar shop I go to (One of Three), Dolphin Music, The Staff are bitches, they won't let one try a Guitar unless you have enough money on you to buy it. And it one looks at Amps, turning the knobs and such, they say stuff like "Would you not do that? *Anger*"

They are bitchy old men.

/Rant

yeah .... seems to be the same up here
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
"After a second I've found myself on the floor in front of the shop"

He knocked you out? :s
Quote by p o e
after some arguing, he let me HOLD it and look at it.

damn dude they must be some serious bitches
You should've complained to the manager.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
stupid douchebag managers

i had a similar experience
i went into the store to try some guitars. after 5 minutes of playing the manager came over and said i was playing the guitars too hard and that i couldnt play anymore because i would scratch the instrument and devalue it. First off, he was clearly high out of his mind cuz i wasnt playing hard. second, i watched a guy b4 me beat the s**t out of a dean guitar playing metal riffs. And the worst part was after i gave up the guitar after arguing about it, he allowed a group of snot nosed 5ht graders to try any guitar they wanted off the wall.
Out of curiosity, what kind of bass guitar was it?

Personaly ive never had a problem with any of the staff in guitar shops here.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
yeah the store name was music unlimited. Loser paranoid bitch manager made me never go there again
hmm...bummer...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
A few years ago, when I was looking for a new guitar, at one location, I dealt with a really helpful salesman. After I decided on a guitar, he walked back up to the register/counter area, and he had a 20oz Mountain Dew up there. Out of nowhere, he excitedly yelled "Mountain Deeeeeeeeeeew" ran and jumped up on the counter, kind of spinning so he'd plop down sitting, but he completely misjudged his jump, and skidded backwards over the counter, fell, broke his stool, and messed his ribs up something fierce. It was funny as hell, but I suppose a bad guitar store experience for him.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by Allnightmask22
A few years ago, when I was looking for a new guitar, at one location, I dealt with a really helpful salesman. After I decided on a guitar, he walked back up to the register/counter area, and he had a 20oz Mountain Dew up there. Out of nowhere, he excitedly yelled "Mountain Deeeeeeeeeeew" ran and jumped up on the counter, kind of spinning so he'd plop down sitting, but he completely misjudged his jump, and skidded backwards over the counter, fell, broke his stool, and messed his ribs up something fierce. It was funny as hell, but I suppose a bad guitar store experience for him.

WTF?!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
at a local music store, they dont let people touch the guitars at all. And they follow you around the store too. it was funny because i hit a cymbal with my finger and the dude went crazy!!!
Quote by Allnightmask22

was this store staffed by toddlers?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by prsrulz91
yeah the store name was music unlimited. Loser paranoid bitch manager made me never go there again

where by chance do you live?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I went to my local GC and the guy was almost refusing to let me try anything better then an MG30 or Spider. I asked if they had Mesa's because one was setup for a shred-off that was about to take place, and he said "Ooh Mesa, those are for advanced players."
*facepalm*

At least get off my anus and let me try something better then a crappy MG or cheap line 6, you ancient, failure of a salesmen.
The three guitar stores I go to around here aren't big chains,and they're all really cool. They'll let you play every instrument there,even if you don't intend on buying one.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by benjy118

They are bitchy old men.

/Rant

I heard you have some sig space for rent?
GO YANKEES!
I was buying my MIA strat:
Me: There's a chip on the paint near the pickguard, can I have a rebate?
Salesman: No, we can't do anything about it.
Me: But... It's your only one like that in the shop, I can't get another one...
Salesman: So, you want to buy it or not?
Me: Can you order me one from the factory?
Salesman: No, we have to get rid of all of or stock guitars before putting an order.
Me: So there's nothing I or you can do about it?
Salesman: No.

Few months later, I wanted to install three Lace Sensors on it. So I was speaking with the tech, who happens to be another salesman than the one who was there when I bought the guitar.

Salesman/Tech: Nice guitar. You were a little bit hard on it eh? (While pointing the paint chip near the pickguard)
Me: No, it was there when I bought it.
Salesman/Tech: You should have told the man who sold it to you. We must give clients 30% rebates on chipped instruments.
Me: *Facepalm*
Quote by benjy118

They are bitchy old men.

/Rant

Yeah, I agree with you there. When that shop first opened, the staff seemed alright enough, but then they just became arseholes. Just stick to Curly's
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I've only ever been in one shop before when picking up strings for my mothers 30 year old acoustic. I didn't really touch anything other then a keyboard. The guitar I have now I got for my birthday... so never had to go to a store.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I was at Wemlbey guitar Center once and the dude wouldn't let us try out an amp because we didn't have the money on us to buy it. I mean fair enough an expensive guitar might get damaged, but wth am I gonna do to an amp?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
thats why i go to guitar center since alot of people go there the can't be arses and they don't really care if you try out a guitar but when i went to like kenelly keys the fcking staff stalked me like everywhere and im like fck this im sticking with guitar center.
Thats why I go to Sam Ash. The people are so nice there, they even give you a packet of what's on sale or discounted once you come in. I got my first guitar there and they were really helpful letting me try it out.

The people at Guitar Center are dicks.
^ i've never ever met someone nice at the sam ash near me, they are complete unhelpful dicks, i'd neve give those guys my business. i once stood infront of an accessories counter for ten minutes ready to buy a harmonica and two guys behind the counter just kept on with their convo, never even looked at me.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I have never really been into a bad guitar store.

Then again Ive only been in a total of two different guitar stores in my life.

At a guitar center near me, they werent mean, but not totaly nice either.
Then theres this local place called Clarizios music studio. That stores owner is the nicest guy you will ever meet. EVER!!!!!!
?!
are you sure it wasnt an electric cello? x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Lt. Dan - that reminds me of one time that i was going to buy strings for my guitar and the salesman just sitted and from time to time looked at me with blank stare. I told him that I wanna buy strings and he just "yeah dude"... shortly after I left the store, he was just tooooo much stoned to be capable of selling anything. the poor man...
Quote by Daggoth
Lt. Dan - that reminds me of one time that i was going to buy strings for my guitar and the salesman just sitted and from time to time looked at me with blank stare. I told him that I wanna buy strings and he just "yeah dude"... shortly after I left the store with the strings in my pocket, he was just tooooo much stoned to be capable of selling anything. the poor man...

Fixed.. right..?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Page 1 of 2