what should you do when everyone u see says your carrying your band and they say your better even when they dont know you (i need a new band please help me)
pop your ego bubble, or if you are legitimately good, form a new band with talented musicians lol
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Nihil
pop your ego bubble, or if you are legitimately good, form a new band with talented musicians lol

he's right!!
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
Quote by Nihil

Exactly.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
umm...

i'm in the same spot...

the problem is, there are no bands looking for guitarist around my area, but the biggest problem is that there my mates...

drummer has trouble keeping time, bassist is my brother, and the rythym player is actually improving... normally turns into me and the singer playing at rehearsals (and the others practicing.......their call of duty 4 skills....

leaving is harder than is sounds...

i'm sticking it out, and hopefully we can make some real progress over summer vacation...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
Same issue with me. High school bands blow, so I'm auditioning for some better gigs with older guys. Try and find an already established band to join.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by Rock Savior

drummer has trouble keeping time, bassist is my brother, and the rythym player is actually improving... normally turns into me and the singer playing at rehearsals (and the others practicing.......their call of duty 4 skills....

Maybe you should tell them to practice their instruments instead of call of duty?

And for the rest of you, I think you need to take a good look around you, I really doubt you are that much more talented than the 500 other kids at your school. And even if you are better, it's always better to be playing with a band than by yourself.
OK, so you're in a band with a bunch of guys who are all really good mates with you and each other, but you're the guy with the most talent and it quite often feels as if you're being held back musicaly, which is frustrating. Correct?
This is why musicians have things called 'side projects'
You guys that are struggling with this problem, get yourselves a side project started up. Not as anything serious at first, but just as a bit of fun to start with. If anyone in your existing band wants to know why you're starting up a side project, just tell them that it's healthy to jam with lots of different musicians. Which is perfectly true.
But as the side project progresses, it's important to keep everyone else in the other band informed at all stages.
The secret is to not have any secrets. Let the guys in your first band listen to recordings of your side project rehearsing. If it's a lot better than what they are doing with you, they'll either try much harder themselves or they'll understand completely when you start spending more time with the new project.
Eventualy, it may come to the point where you turn around to your first band and say 'I'm sorry guys but I just don't have the time to be in two projects at the same time.' and they'll look at the band that they are in with you, and then they'll look at the much better band that your side project has become,.... and you shouldn't have to say much more after that.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at May 19, 2008,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
OK, so you're in a band with a bunch of guys who are all really good mates with you and each other, but you're the guy with the most talent and it quite often feels as if you're being held back musicaly, which is frustrating. Correct?
This is why musicians have things called 'side projects'
You guys that are struggling with this problem, get yourselves a side project started up. Not as anything serious at first, but just as a bit of fun to start with. If anyone in your existing band wants to know why you're starting up a side project, just tell them that it's healthy to jam with lots of different musicians. Which is perfectly true.
But as the side project progresses, it's important to keep everyone else in the other band informed at all stages.
The secret is to not have any secrets. Let the guys in your first band listen to recordings of your side project rehearsing. If it's a lot better than what they are doing with you, they'll either try much harder themselves or they'll understand completely when you start spending more time with the new project.
Eventualy, it may come to the point where you turn around to your first band and say 'I'm sorry guys but I just don't have the time to be in two projects at the same time.' and they'll look at the band that they are in with you, and then they'll look at the much better band that your side project has become,.... and you shouldn't have to say much more after that.

Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ