Thank ****ing god. ALL the guitars in there were damaged in some way. They were selling amps with buttons and knobs missing for full ****in price. dont even mention the ****in guitars, ****in chips in the paint work, were all set up WRONG and generally the staff didnt help out customers so they didn't sell anything. They all got sacked on the spot and the store was closed down (as 12 more of the 25 in the uk were). When they left they looted pretty much everything. Anyone could loot anything pretty much and i missed it! lol

Serves em right.

They only got 10 days worth of pay too!
They're going down the pan. Selling things to cheap and they can't keep it up.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Sound Control has closed down...!?

Oh..actually, come to think of it, I don't use it anyway.

But still...
Theyre in administration, so you cant order online and theyre shutting down stores. Not sure if the Glasgow ones gone yet though. Never went to it anyway to do anything but browse.

EDIT: Wait, so theyre shutting all of their sources of income... how is that going to help?

EDIT2: Ah, their head office is in Dunfermline, explains a lot then!
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Last edited by twowheels at May 18, 2008,
WHAT?

i missed out on looting?

they were all miserable for the last week or two haha
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I think TS is a pretty cool guy, eh says ****in and doesn't afraid of wordfilter
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by rizo299
They shut down every where. There's a huge thread about it in the electric guitar forum.

The Edinburgh one is still open, I was there yesterday.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by twowheels
Theyre in administration, so you cant order online and theyre shutting down stores. Not sure if the Glasgow ones gone yet though. Never went to it anyway to do anything but browse.

EDIT: Wait, so theyre shutting all of their sources of income... how is that going to help?

They don't have any choice, they're literally at the point where the banks don't care how much money they get back, just as long as they get some money asap.

So basically its just selling off the buildings and assets wholesale to other companies I think.

Quote by weemansyndrome

I think a few profitable stores were kept open but they're the ones that have been bought out by other companies I think.
Here's hoping they sell all the stuff of really cheaply to try and make some money :P
If sound control disappears the only thing I'll miss is the prospect of trying a Schecter or blackheart in store before buying, and I'm sure they'll find new UK dealers soon enough.
The one in Bristol was ok, but who's taking over it? Is there gonna be a better guitar store?
sound control in bham is almost going bust they're selling stuff cheap so i've heard
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by weemansyndrome

Thank f*ck.
Quote by _InsanitY_
sound control in bham is almost going bust they're selling stuff cheap so i've heard

How cheap?

I want a cheap bass you see
Quote by xAbyssusx
Do you live in Manchester by any chance?

because the one in Manchester has aswell

..... u talkin about the one in salford??

IT CANT HAVE... I LOVED THAT PLACE!!

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
The one in Manchester is gone aswell. Bit of a shame really because I thought that store was quite good, the staff were helpfull and pleasant; and the gear was pretty good.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
..... u talkin about the one in salford??

IT CANT HAVE... I LOVED THAT PLACE!!

No, I don't think the Salford one has closed. YET.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
wait a min... isnt the salford one the same as the manchester one?? :S...

lol.. cos i live in manchester n i always go to the salford one..
Carmel is hawt
Birmingham one isn't closed i believe?

Damn, im gonna have to get my brother and me to watch out for that, and go a-looting when it closes
I hate SoundControl, its mainly filled with unhelpful pushy sales reps. However, the SC that shut down in Glasgow was the West End one, which was actually filled with really nice people. I done my work experience in that one. It's gutting that the people who were actually nice lost there job and the backstards in the town centre didn't.

Cjb Scotland
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
wait a min... isnt the salford one the same as the manchester one?? :S...

lol.. cos i live in manchester n i always go to the salford one..

Nope, there is the big one in Salford on Regent Road; and there is (well...was) a smaller one in Manchester city centre, just off Oxford Road.
Quote by rockdude375
Nope, there is the big one in Salford on Regent Road; and there is (well...was) a smaller one in Manchester city centre, just off Oxford Road.

oh... as long as the salford one doesnt close i'll stay happy :P
Carmel is hawt
I hope the one in London shuts down, aside from most of their stuff sucking and their prices being way too high, all the staff were assholes only interested in making a sale, as opposed to other stores like Turnkey, where they're more friendly and interested in customer service.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1