A while back I saw a cheap bass pedal on Musician's Freind. It had a metal casing, with two large metal loops on top. There was a vintage looking round gauge on it. It did something along the lines of seperating the high and low frequencies of the sound, decaying them, then putting them back together (really knows nothing about pedals)

Point is, it's not on musician's freind anymore. Anyone know where I can find it or what it's called?

EDIT: Just remembered. The company's name had large metal wings around it. Hope that helps.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
So we got choruses, distortions, envelope filters, compressors, and octavers. No BBE Sonic Maximizers, what the threadstarter is describing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, sounds like a Sonic Maximiser in Ashdown's clothing.

EDIT:

He could be talking about the compressor

Quote by Ashdown Website
Designed to meet the specific needs of the modern bass player, Ashdown’s Dual Band Compressor splits the signal into high and low frequency bands and applies compression separately to both – fast attack and decay for the high frequency and slow attack and decay for the low frequency or fundamental waveform of the note. The amount of compression applied to each is independently variable and the balance between the high and low frequency components of the signal is also controllable as they are re-combined into a single, full range output.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Last edited by indie-bassist at May 18, 2008,
Probably the Compressor, but it sounds like you saw a refurbished one if it was on the cheap side. Ashdown is a no-bull****, high-quality company. You pay for what you get, quite simply. Their chorus is probably the most versatile I've ever played.
Rickenbacker 4003
Big Muff Pi
Ashdown Chorus Plus
Digitech Whammy
Peavey Volume
Cry Baby Bass Wah
Small Stone
TR-2 Tremolo
Peavey TNT 115

...I have an empty wallet.
Quote by indie-bassist
He could be talking about the compressor

Ah, good call. It's amazing how companies use buzzwords to make something as simple/common as a 2 band compressor seem like some sort of scientific virtuosity.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Ah, good call. It's amazing how companies use buzzwords to make something as simple/common as a 2 band compressor seem like some sort of scientific virtuosity.

Yeah, it simultaneously makes me laugh and confuses the hell out of me.

Anyway, Ashdown make some good stuff and their pedals sound great too, the only disappointment is that the VU meter doesn't light up. Oh well, if you see one cheap then go for it.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!