Hey UG, I have a bit of a noobish question.
I'm learning to play the song Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath, and I have the whole song down, except the solo.
It is a bit of a long solo IMO, (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/black_sabbath/planet_caravan_guitar_pro.htm bar 56 to 97)
And I need a strategy on how to approach memorizing it.
Do you guys have any tips?
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
Just get to know 'em. Listen to the song a lot, until you can hum the whole thing.
Quote by Peacefrog Hotel
Hey UG, I have a bit of a noobish question.
I'm learning to play the song Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath, and I have the whole song down, except the solo.
It is a bit of a long solo IMO, (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/black_sabbath/planet_caravan_guitar_pro.htm bar 56 to 97)
And I need a strategy on how to approach memorizing it.
Do you guys have any tips?

the best way to learn long solos is to know the song very well. listen to it a lot first before going in to attempt to learn the solo. you should be able to hum the solo from memory. from there it's quite easy. mentally, you'll break up the solo into sections and you'll remember how to play each section individually and before you know it, you'll learn the whole thing
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Or try to remember as much as you can and improvise the parts in between.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
break the solo down into pieces...and memorize it like that...like...solo part A, part B, part C, etc; even if it flows find a point to stop and memorize up to...and then memorize the next part...then put them together and add on the next part, and so on and so on.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.