Page 1 of 4
What do you guys think about the faceless legion known as Anonymous and their current war against Scientology?

Thanks Pit

Edit: (removed)
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Last edited by Eddy372 at May 18, 2008,
Awesome,

I'm involved with it. And I think everyone who says " Blah blah let them believe what they want" should get properly informed.

The protests are not about the beliefs, as daft as they are people have every right to them.

The protests are about the corruption within the Organisation and the mistreatment of its members and critics.

www.xenu.net

Seriously have a read. You'll be surprised what you find.

Operation snow white, for example, was the biggest infiltration of the American government in history, entirely orchestrated by the cult of Scientology.

The sheer apathy of people is overwhelming.
Last edited by rizo299 at May 18, 2008,
It's stupid.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I think it's made up of /b/

My thoughts as well.

With that being said, I also think its awesome.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

I don't get involved, but its provided some lulz and a lot of stupidity.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I don't care. It's slightly annoying actually.
Quote by rizo299
Awesome,

I'm involved with it. And I think everyone who says " Blah blah let them believe what they want" should get properly informed.

The protests are not about the beliefs, as daft as they are people have every right to them.

The protests are about the corruption within the Organisation and the mistreatment of its members and critics.

Who cares about Tom Cruise.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
i'm against Scientology, but i don't really give a toss about the protests and whatnot.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Quote by kidsilcon

Who cares about Tom Cruise.

I never mentioned Tom Cruise.

And of all the Scientologists he is one of the few who is treated well. He has to be, him and Travolta are the faces of Scientology to the world.

You guys don't hear about the forced abortions in the sea org, or about Lisa McPhearson.

You just See Tom and John smiling and being mildly eccentric.
Quote by Corpus
It's a bunch of bored nerds.

Not true. It began that way but has become far far more.

The first protest had over 7000 people in it in over 100 cities world wide.

Now the old guard are involved, we've had massive media coverage and protested in full force once a month continuously since then with smaller scale protests intermittently.

Every large scale protest has cause Scientology to close its ors for that day.
Quote by Eddy372

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Please do not attach this quote to Anonymous.....
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Craigo
The world has bigger problems.

Such as? (just out of curiosity)
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

i think that its cool that they've got the whole V for Vendetta thing going on, but it's also kind of geeky.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
I think it's cute that a faction that calls itself the "internet hate machine" has taken it upon themselves to become the moral compass of America, by being intolerant towards a religion that they've deemed stupid despite the fact that Scientology is protected by the first amendment, which is probably the main reason their little cesspit gets to continue operating.
Quote by Eddy372
Such as? (just out of curiosity)

Poverty? Darfur genocide? Starving African nations? If you believe in it, climate change? Food crisis? There is a long list...
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by Eddy372

Is this applied to Anon stopping Scientology or someone stopping Anon? I'm confused who the good guys are? Anon?

Also, what has Anon done except Rickroll Scientology in real life?
Yeah I believe in it, Christ Scientology doesn't deserve to be a religion, it's a money-making scheme, which is fine in its own right, but the atrocities committed by the organization are just complete bull****. They try to censor propaganda written about their organization, deny events that actually happened. It's just just ridiculous, it's like the epitome of evil and ignorance in the world.

EDIT: That quote does kind of apply to the situation, if you consider it from an outsider's point of view. It's telling you to get involved and purge the evil, instead of standing by and waiting until the time you will submit to it.
Last edited by st.stephen at May 18, 2008,
Quote by NGD1313
I think it's cute that a faction that calls itself the "internet hate machine" has taken it upon themselves to become the moral compass of America, by being intolerant towards a religion that they've deemed stupid despite the fact that Scientology is protected by the first amendment, which is probably the main reason their little cesspit gets to continue operating.

Scientology should not be considered a religion. What other "religion" has perpetrated the largest infiltration of the united states government in history?

In fact many of the business practices of Scientology are illegal under America's snake oil laws

Quote by tyronelab
Is this applied to Anon stopping Scientology or someone stopping Anon? I'm confused who the good guys are? Anon?

The largest anti Scientology protests in history, providing much needed information at the point of protest.

Releasing many of Scientology's secret documents to the public in order to raise awareness of their bait and switch tactics.
Anonymous vs. Scientology = Alright. I can deal with this. It's a pretty cool thing.

Anonymous vs. the Internet = Shit. I don't like a lot of what /b/'s Anon does to other forums and how they do stupid shit for nothing.

That's all I have opinions on about them, really.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Please do not attach this quote to Anonymous.....

Exactly, TS is a blithering fool.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by RHCP94
Poverty? Darfur genocide? Starving African nations? If you believe in it, climate change? Food crisis? There is a long list...

True, true. One thing at a time I suppose...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Judging by rizo299's posts, it's a very good thing they're doing. I've never really thought of Anonymous as a particularly impressive force or very moral people, but it seems like a good cause. I'm against Scientology too, and the protestors I've seen around London have been a good laugh, but I've never really bothered to become a part of the protests. I'd consider it though.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by tyronelab

Take it with a grain of salt.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Quote by Craigo

You are kidding me.

I wasn't impying that the Scientology war thing is of greater worth...
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Quote by disturbed_n_wv

Quote by NGD1313

uhh, wrong. they're not doing it for the good. it is a good cause, so more followers are obtained.

the whole thing works like this; lulz=amount of cash they lose. they don't give a rats ass about people. they fax black images to waste ink.
Quote by NGD1313

American law does not apply all over the world, look at the bigger picture. Besides that, Scientology is not a religion, it's a cult by anyone's definition, and it violates several American laws. And you can deem things stupid no matter what laws they may be protected by. Considering Scientology was created by a science fiction author who has gone on record as saying he did it on a bet, it is pretty damn stupid.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by rizo299
Releasing many of Scientology's secret documents to the public in order to raise awareness of their bait and switch tactics.

Scientology has basically been a fat lazy tapeworm, leeching off of the benefits of being a worldwide religion and the decadence of the world because no one really cares enough to get into the debacle of questioning them. This movement actually restores my faith in humanity some, how long before an organization will start to question the bull**** oil industry, real estate market, national debt and politicians lavishing money on themselves.
Last edited by st.stephen at May 18, 2008,
Quote by bendystraw
uhh, wrong. they're not doing it for the good. it is a good cause, so more followers are obtained.

the whole thing works like this; lulz=amount of cash they lose. they don't give a rats ass about people. they fax black images to waste ink.

The black faxing was a very early tactic which has now been abandoned.

Currently our main source of protest is via letter writing campaigns, picketing, leafleting and videos.
Page 1 of 4