okay, so I own about or over 150 CDs and need an mp3 player cause i hate toting my Cds everywhere. I was looking at Zune/iPod 8GB but are there any better players out there? i would feel comfortable with anything that has 8GB or more on it.

all thanks to all posters
If you're looking at an 8GB iPod... You may aswell go for the 80GB classic, its only £30 more expensive or so.
nope ipod classic.. it'll break and **** up... and the battery wont last you a year but my god its good - cant live without it
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
The Ipod touch is awesome if you jailbreak it, or if your not looking for something too technical Creative make some awesome MP3 players
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
ipods are probably your best bang for buck mp3 player... i mean you get an aesthetically pleasing design with good quality video and high quality music and the best thing about them is, it's an apple so that means customer care is excellent.
Creative MuVo...the only prob is its only 2GB.... but the sound quality is better than ANY Ipod I've listened too(all my friends have ipods) and its way better than the Zen Stone.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

iPod's hardly break if your careful with them, if you get one get a case and it will be fine. Any mp3 player will break if your not careful with it.
I love my Zune 8gb. It has built-in radio, it shows the album art instead of just the song and album name. The wallpapers it comes with are really cool, and the ones on the Zune site are even better. It doesnt seem to have as many problems as an iPod, but still has the same or better features. And the 30gb version at times is actually cheaper than the 8, depending on where you buy it from. Plus, if you make a free account, you can get free podcasts, and teh Zune Marketplace is cheaper than iTunes, depending on how much you use it.
iPod Shuffle is all you need.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
i got a zune 80 bthey rock the only thing that they lack is a clock, but besides from that i liek them way better than ipods. besides zunes soppose to be comin out with games for the zunes soon!!
-BiOhAZarD722-
Originally Posted by Gizzard101
I personally prefer Dr.Dre but Lil Jon is gangsta home boy fresh aswell.
...lol wtf?
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
sounds like you have a severe case of the dumbass.....it's quite common in the pit really just sleep it off
Quote by qotsa1998
I love my Zune 8gb. It has built-in radio,

every mp3 player has since 1972

it shows the album art instead of just the song and album name.

oooohhhh flashy. even a cheap hitachi i had did that.

The wallpapers it comes with are really cool, and the ones on the Zune site are even better.

Yawn

It doesnt seem to have as many problems as an iPod, but still has the same or better features.

the reason theres more problems is because its more popular, so all the possible scenarios actually occur for some problems to come up

And the 30gb version at times is actually cheaper than the 8, depending on where you buy it from. Plus, if you make a free account, you can get free podcasts, and teh Zune Marketplace is cheaper than iTunes, depending on how much you use it.

blaaaaaaa (podcasts are normally free)

anyhow, don't get a zune because its the next big thing. its brown, its horrid looking and its microsoft

anyhow, my 8gb zen has lasted me well. my 6gig zen micro lasted a couple of years before it eventually gave up the ghost.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Don't get a ****epod is all I can say

If you don't mind dealing with poor (but getting better) software, get a Sony. I've had mine for nearly 2 years, it's got about 12GB on it out of 18 total. Pretty sweet stuff.

Don't think they make mine anymore, but they have plenty of others.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

i'm on my second creative zen (someone broke my last one, not a technical fault!) and couldn't be happier. and it has all those zune features someone mentioned earlier. but if i didn't hate itunes and the scrolly wheel, i'd probably have got an ipod...
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
+1 to everyone who said Zen.

I've had a 4gb zen for over a year now, and no problems. Blows iPods that cost way more out of the water.
Trained physicist occasionally enslaved by engineers.
Last edited by Ben506 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by Blayney
Don't get a ****epod is all I can say

If you don't mind dealing with poor (but getting better) software, get a Sony. I've had mine for nearly 2 years, it's got about 12GB on it out of 18 total. Pretty sweet stuff.

Don't think they make mine anymore, but they have plenty of others.

The sony software is still horrible! one of my friends has one and its nigh on impossible to use quickly!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Ipods break and theres too much red tape to go trough with itunes and stuff.
Word.
My Ipod broke today. Something about the firmware is bust, and becuase of that iTunes wont recognise it as an iPod, so i cant restore the firmware.

whichever idiot thought that up is a great big idiot.

im going to have to try and find my reciept, and take it to the apple shop and tell em to fix it. Its a shame that the iPod is virtually the only player with that amount of storage space. I think I will buy a Zune next. They seem ok
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
So my questions are -
Which creative Zen should I get?
and does Creative offer anyway to download/software for transferring music?
A Creative Zen comes with a cd with all the software on it you will need. You must have the software installed before the computere recognizes the mp3 player if i'm not mistaken.

I have no experience with using the mp3-player as memory stick so i don't know if you can use it on any computer as memory stick without installing software.

As for which Zen, I own a Zen V Plus (2gb) myself this player is also available in a 8gb version. I wouldnt recommend a Zen V Plus if you plan on watching many video's/movies on it, since the screen is rather small for that. But I guess you its best that you check out the creative website yourself and see which player suits you best.
Go for an ipod, maybe a nano.
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Quote by IndieMetalhead
The sony software is still horrible! one of my friends has one and its nigh on impossible to use quickly!

Just as well that the next gen Sony MP3/4 players are ditching sonic stage then isn't it?
Not that I've ever had a single problem with it myself.
<3 my Nwa 805