** not sure where to post this really....

okay, so recently my band finished their second full length record, this one is siginficantly more promising we feel and after having been pressed - 500 copies :S we are hosting May 30th a listening party / cd release. My question is, i will have set up the PA system as i have done many times in the past, making all the nessecary connctions to poweramps, and compressors and speakers and boards and yadda yadda yadda.

HOWEVER! I HAVE NEVER HAD TO HOOK UP A REGULAR CD PLAYER TO THE BOARD.

- HOW DO I DO THIS?
- WHAT CHORDS DO I NEED?

what we plan on doing is having the gear set up but just having an acoustic rendering of the cd so people dont get to hear it all for free before we want them to kind of, and then we will put the record on through the board and out the speakers

as aforementioned, i need to know how to make the connection. i have a Mackie CFX16.mKII board at the moment which has lasted me many moons, and i know that i must plug the cd player into the " tape in " inputs which are 1/8" but can i use regular cheap speaker wire or should i use regular like 18 gauge speaker wire that just so happens to have the 1/8" tips?

help is appreciated.