I don't know if this goes in electric guitar or gear building and customising, since its guitar related, but its not really "building" or "customising" related.

Well, my beloved Squier Tele's output jack is loose. the thing still works fine, the connection is good but the jack wobbles around, its kinda worrying. its one of those round plate connections, the plate is also loose, and since its such a strange jack plate, i wouldn't have a clue how to tighten it up. Can someone help me out here? pics are useless, since it looks fine from the outside, and if you know what a tele output jack looks like, you probably won't need pics.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
tighten it.

my mistake, i read too quickly and thought you were talking about a strat, which is just a hex jack. Disregard
Last edited by BluesLP1990 at May 18, 2008,
Quote by BluesLP1990
tighten it.

he says he doesnt have a clue how to tighten it...
Not sure what kind the squire tele uses. The original tele style had a clip from the back side that held the jack and kept the plate in. Theres an upgrade that gets rid of the clip and uses to screws to hold it all together. Look under stewmac hardware. You might be able to change it to the square LP style or the football style jackplate.
First of all, this is common for Squier Telecasters. Your guitar is not falling apart. Second, google Stewart McDonald and search their website or call them. Stew Mac has a replacement jack that won't come loose. It's just a few bucks and takes a few minutes to install.
ok so for adding more info - its the cup style jack, like this:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Jacks/Tele_Style_Jack_Cups.html

though it'd be a bad idea to order from stewmac because the customs fees and stuff. its a shame there aren't many UK sites like that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.