Hello UG

I'm looking to buy a new guitar.
I have around £800 UK, not sure what that is US (pressumably around $1500?)
I want something with 24 frets, don't particularly want active pick-ups, and don't mind whether it has a Floyd or not (would be handy though).

Now I currently own an Ibanez SZ520FM (with Evo's) which is mahogony,
and a Jackson DK2M (SD JB/'59) which is alder

I do prefer the sound of the mahogony a WHOLE lot, I feel the alder lacks a quality to the tone, but that's just this guitar, I can't speak for all alder bodys obviously, but just saying from my experience, I prefer the mahogony.
(Then again it's possibly just the Di'Marzios I prefer ) lol.

So anway, I play alot of Metal, Rock and Blues.
If I'm playing metal I generally go for a fat beefy tone, somewhat like Zakk Wylde I s'pose (origional, I know ) that's the closest tone-wise I can think of.
If I'm playing rock, I tend to go for a somewhat Vintage-y tone, think Zeppelin/Thin Lizzy.
And I must admit I don't generally go for a typical blues-y tone really, I still like it to be pretty thick and smooth.

Now I know I've basically described a Les Paul, but I don't like them! haha

I was looking at Schecter guitars, but I couldn't try before I buy, as no-one here has them!
Open to all suggestions though.

Thanks again UG!
Quote by sdmf.1919

I have around £800 UK, not sure what that is US (pressumably around $1500?)
Don't converrt prices - guitar dealers don't. What you can buy for £800 in the UK is exactly the same as what you can buy for $800 in America. It's stupid I know, but our UK dealers just never take the currancy conversion into account, they just see '800' and stick with it even though one pound equals almost two dollars.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Don't converrt prices - guitar dealers don't. What you can buy for £800 in the UK is exactly the same as what you can buy for $800 in America. It's stupid I know, but our UK dealers just never take the currancy conversion into account, they just see '800' and stick with it even though one pound equals almost two dollars.

True, I've been looking into a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR and everywhere I've seen one is like £400-600, when they're abuot $700 in the US.

I also want to try one out but, yeah, nowhere stocks them anymore. Seems like you can only order them.

Also, Red Dwarf? :p
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR <3
Take a look into ESP guitars, they are great quality for their price (well here in North America they are pretty cheap, I don't know for the UK)
Ive got a feeling an esp is a bit out of my budget, maybe an ltd..
Im looking for something relatively high quality, so I dunno how up to scratch the ltd's are?
Thanks though, ill have a look.
Any more ideas guys?
This really isn't going anywhere lol, not like UG to be short of opinion:p
Bump anyway
A Les Paul of some kind perhaps?

I know you don't like them, but....

It won't have the floyd you want, but it'll nail that Zakk Wylde tone, and do vintage stuff well too.

F0r £800 i'd look at Gibson Studios, and Epi Elitists. Maybe even a jap copy, like a Burny or Edwards.

Burny actually do Les Pauls with floyds, so that may be just what you're looking for

EDIT: Also, look at SGs
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Well they don't have 24 frets.
I dunno, I've just never played a gibson thats felt right.
Dude. Simple. Convert your 800 euro into american money, put it on a visa, and buy the dam Alexi sig esp. Here in the states, its not but like $1100 (at my guitar shop, anyway) And, search ebay on the American site. You'll find one, I promise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com