Page 1 of 2
I just found out today that I've gotten lice from all the volantear work i do with kids. This wouldn't be a problem but for one thing, the fact I've had dreadlocks for over a year now and don't want to get rid of them.

I've been driven mad all day by the itching and I've emptied like two bottles of the de-lousing crap into my hair and scalp as well as soaking it in surgical spirit for half an hour in a deperate bid to kill the little sods and now my scalp is so irritated it itches twice as much, and I still might have to cut my dreads off.

anyway, misery loves company so does anyone else have any tales of woe involving evil hair buggies to share?
haha, in future, dont work with kids!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I had lice when I was like 11. I had to wear a shower cap with baby oil on my head every time I went to bed. Every night for like, 3 months.

It sucked. So good luck with it.
The.
I had them once when I was wayy younger. It was itchy. Then I scratched a lot. Then my scalp bled.

And now I'm here!
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

I've read somewhere you can kill them with chemicals (like putting gasoline in a plastic bag and tying it around your hair) but I have no idea if this works. Good luck on getting the lil fuckers out though!
you do know that head lice prefer clean hair to dirty hair. Just dont wash or comb your hair and they'll die
I had it when I was 11, had to shave... I heard olive oil might help too, use shower cap and it should suffocate them...
Quote by sillybuuger12
I just found out today that I've gotten lice from all the volantear work i do with kids. This wouldn't be a problem but for one thing, the fact I've had dreadlocks for over a year now and don't want to get rid of them.

I've been driven mad all day by the itching and I've emptied like two bottles of the de-lousing crap into my hair and scalp as well as soaking it in surgical spirit for half an hour in a deperate bid to kill the little sods and now my scalp is so irritated it itches twice as much, and I still might have to cut my dreads off.

anyway, misery loves company so does anyone else have any tales of woe involving evil hair buggies to share?

those lil ****ers pwned you!

not the lice.... the kids.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by hellsbiker
you do know that head lice prefer clean hair to dirty hair. Just dont wash or comb your hair and they'll die

This is true from what I know.
They don't go to a dirty head of hair, although, dreadlock's just dirty matted hair anyways which kind of defeat's the object.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
wtf where you thinking anyway when helping little kids?

about that other problem, GL, they going to rape you big time, lice isnt that fun to have around when having dreadlocks.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
You volunteer to work with kids? You crazy?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
i never had them but i did have a very irritated scalp as a younging, so i guess i know what u feel like
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Unclean! *Walks calmly away from the Unclean one.*

I have ahad Lice... when I was like 10.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
I had that about a month ago...I had it before but missed a egg so it came back.

Anyways there is the shampoo which kills them instantly, which doesn't always work...so we found home remedies that had amazing success rate.

1. Wash hair and put listerine on your head\hair and put a shower cap on for 3 hours, then take off and wash hair again...bugs will fly out.

2. Olive oil on hair will get it slick enough that the bugs will fall out if you wash it afterwards.

3. Vinegar water will wipe out the eggs if you leave it on for 10 minutes.

I'm not sure how much this will affect dreads though.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by hellsbiker

That couldn't be more wrong.

I had lice for about a month, what you need to do it wash all the sheets and anything else that may have touched your head then get a lice care kit from Walgreens. It may take a LONNNNG time to use it in dreds, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by DefectedFromGod
I had that about a month ago...I had it before but missed a egg so it came back.

Anyways there is the shampoo which kills them instantly, which doesn't always work...so we found home remedies that had amazing success rate.

1. Wash hair and put listerine on your head\hair and put a shower cap on for 3 hours, then take off and wash hair again...bugs will fly out.

2. Olive oil on hair will get it slick enough that the bugs will fall out if you wash it afterwards.

Sorry for the double post, but that also works well.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
In the future, don't volunteer.

There's an easy answer.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Forgot to mention that the Listerine is actually poison to them so if you do it before anything else you could easily kill them then getting them out would be so much easier.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by DefectedFromGod

+1

I've had the little ****s on and off for a month now. i kill the ****s, but since my hairs so thick theres usually one lurking around, so they come back. and the cycle continues!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
at least you haven't got crabs, one of my mates gott them, no one went near him for 2 weeks
Quote by hellsbiker
at least you haven't got crabs, one of my mates gott them, no one went near him for 2 weeks

likewise

and he's gay and caught them off a girl

get that? :hah

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by trickie
never had it, all you all are white trash! LOL!

You are not a pure bassist\guitarist until you have lice and refuse to cut your long hair.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by DefectedFromGod
You are not a pure bassist\guitarist until you have lice and refuse to cut your long hair.

we all know thats true
Quote by hellsbiker

I have dreads i physicaly CAN'T brush/comb my hair

Quote by Kingyem0c0re
This is true from what I know.
They don't go to a dirty head of hair, although, dreadlock's just dirty matted hair anyways which kind of defeat's the object.

WRONG!
dreadlocks ar perfectly clean if you look after them like I do (Lice don't care if your hair is clean or dirty as long as thy can suck your blood) and their not matted either their just knotted.

anyway, I've been looking around on the internet and aparently they can't stand tea tre oil, heat, vinegar or rosemary, So I think I'm just going to empty a bottle of each into a really hot bath a read a book while I wait for them to die and repeat each day for a week. My dreads won't like it but I can repair them later, If it saves me from cutting them I'm all for it!
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at May 18, 2008,
What worked when my daughter had lice was to use Rid according to package directions, follow with a solution of 50% tea tree oil 50% mild shampoo and comb the crap out of her hair with the nit combs.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
They hate tea tree, you can get shampoo that does it. what i'd do is leave it sat in your hair, get a hairdryer on the job, then wash again?

Quote by metaldud536

that sucks man!

my cats have fleas right now (i guess its the season) but they seem to be biting me more than the cats..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
well the bath's running and i tell you what it doesn't half smell pungent! I'm going to smell like a weird combination of sunday dinner, the local chippie and tea tree oil! I'll post again afterwards and we'll see how it goes...

I'm not letting me dreads go without one hell of a fight so this is WAR lol
Last edited by sillybuuger12 at May 18, 2008,
only thing that did it for me was combing each one out unfortunately that sucks for you mate
As in, gobias a cup of coffee
I got em off my sister a year ago, the Dr. gave me a prescription for louse killer.
Page 1 of 2