are dimarzio d activators good for brutal metal tones and clean tones? im plannin on using them with my ibanez and peavey 5150
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by Blackening
get emg 81s........best metal PU ever

Username-->Machine head fanboy-->Flynn/Demmel fanboy-->assumes EMGs are the best pickups ever without actually not knowing what the hell he's on about.

TS, the D-Activators are great pickups, I wholeheartedly reccomend them. They should absolutely growl on that 5150.
Favorite guitarists :
kirk hammett, kerry king, mick thompson, munky, head,rob flynn, nergal, dimebag darell, jeff hanemann, karl snaders

he likes these sounds right?

kirk hammet, kerry king, jeff hennaman use emg 81s and the most guitar players form his favorite bands too. the sound is unique and amazing for metal! the d activators

also they perfectly fit to his peavy amp.....
Listen kiddywinkles, I hope you realize that most of those guys' tone is from their amps and from studio production. EMGs play a small part, and I have to say that plenty of metal players don't use EMGs. I'd go even further and say that a lot of guitarists who actually want variety won't even touch them, especially if they want decent clean tone.
Does my post count say troll? No. Excuse me if I think someone called 'Blackening' recommending EMGs isn't trustworthy.

If you actually knew anything, by the way, you'd know that the D-Activators are Dimarzio's attempt at creating a passive pickup with the same frequency curve as 'Actives' (read EMGs) while being less sterile and having a much more organic clean tone. And what does the TS want? Oh yeah, brutal and clean tones. Dimarzios make much more sense than EMGs, say what you want about putting a 60 in the neck.
Quote by Blackening
troll? come on dude keep it nice....

troll is the lamest thing you can ever say to anyone. Just because someone is new, or don't have a post count as high as one self, doesn't mean they're more stupid. Just means they haven't used as much time on a god damn internet forum.

And he joined before you...

On topic - I despite EMGs. They sound flat to me. I think passives have way better headroom. If you want high output and passives, just get the EMG afterburner or the MM-04 that Alexi Laiho has (but that one has mid boost).

I've heard the D-Activator, and it sounds pretty nice to my ears.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
DiMarzio + Ibanez = Win
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com